5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
August 13, 2004
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
http://princeton.thelandmark.com/story.php3?story=8309

Wachusett is Boston's Whitetail: "nothing close comes close." It's got about 1,000 feet of vert. and 105 acres of ski terrain. If you have business in Boston, duck out of that conference or meeting early, and head out to Wa Wa Wachusett for some great night skiing. It's my personal close-in favorite in Boston. I also like Nashoba Valley as a learning hill but the vert. and acreage does not compare to Wachusett.
JohnL
August 13, 2004
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Don't forget to bring your Starter jackets, pack of cigs, couple of beers and Patriots ball cap. At least according to the folks on Epic. I gotta check this place out to see if it's rep can possibly be true.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
August 13, 2004
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Quote:

Don't forget to bring your Starter jackets, pack of cigs, couple of beers and Patriots ball cap. At least according to the folks on Epic. I gotta check this place out to see if it's rep can possibly be true.

I heard it is getting crazy as well. My brother wants to enroll his wife and kids in ski lessons there while he bashes the slopes. I'll let you know what he says about the place. From what I've heard, it's becoming a victim of its own success--a great place to ski during the week but forget about weekends.
SkiHound
August 14, 2004
Member since 08/10/2004 🔗
9 posts
We went to WaWa one Sunday morning last year. A complete madhouse about which I could rant. Folks who ski there on weekdays before school gets out like it. It has nice terrain for intermediates and novices. Good learning areas with easy slopes for people to progress to. But it's proximity to population centers creates a mob scene on weekends.
kelly001
August 16, 2004
Member since 02/25/2004 🔗
7 posts
Please don't drive more than a half hour or 45 minutes to this place and only plan on spending half a day. This is a tiny resort with huge crowds on the weekends. During the week if you are nearby, you can pack many quick runs in half a day and it's worth the occasional trip for that sole purpose. Lifts are slow so it gets a little dull when you sky a trail in probably less than a minute if you don't stop every 100 yeards. There's one descent dip but besides that all other trails are very very easy groomers.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.