JimK - DCSki Columnist
July 22, 2004
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
snowcone
July 22, 2004
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Since I have a 2nd address I use for junk mail this is not a problem. But I wonder if I would be willing to give out my name/address if I didn't. It appears to me that this site is soliciting information for a mail flood, both paper and "e". Just another form of spam. Read this which appears on the site's main page MagsCentral.com
As a matter fact, this is practically the -only- thing that appears on the site's front page.

--- snip ---
MagsCentral.com is an established independent provider of customer acquisition and management services for publishers of consumer magazines in the United States. Our specialized, diversified distribution channels enable leading marketers to use magazines as a marketing tool to add value to their customer relationships. MagsCentral.com enjoys a strong reputation for commitment to both its customers and clients.
--- snip ---

"customer acquisition" .... sounds like targeting to me!
JimK - DCSki Columnist
July 23, 2004
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Point well taken about spam generator. I'll look for that. However, issue somewhat moot as site now says: Sorry, this offer has expired due to overwhelming demand!

This offer's been hanging out there for months, is it just coincidence that it gets overwhelmed a day or two after mention here?

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.