intrawest to purchase T-line?
8 posts
6 users
1k+ views
JohnL
January 29, 2004
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Note to all, I believe johnfmh is on vacation right now, so he probably won't be able to investigate this rumor.

myrto,
There have been rumors on this board (all disproved) that Intrawest would be buying various local ski areas. Do you have any concrete information?

For something as sensitive as ski area ownership changes, it probably pays to not speculate about it in a public forum unless you have some details.

DWW
January 29, 2004
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
144 posts
No. Would be very surpised if this was the case. The Intrawest business model (real estate, central village, etc.) does not seem to fit T-Line. I think they already have thier hands full at SS.
gatkinso
January 29, 2004
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
Shoot, SS is a drop in their bucket.

But I agree T-Line wouldn't really fit their business model it would seem.

Rumors of ASC selling Killington are abounding right now - Vail associates and Intrawest are said to be the two most probably buyers (assuming it isn't all bs).

Scott - DCSki Editor
January 29, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Hi folks,

Intrawest officials are on the record to DCSki stating that there are absolutely no plans to purchase Timberline.

- Scott

(Anonymous)
January 29, 2004
Cmon -- no way this is true.

Why would they purchase a resort to compete against snowshoe? Snowshoe already does about 8x the skier visits of t-line.

(Anonymous)
January 29, 2004
Lets see...ASC is going to sell killington to Itrawest..& then take all thier money & dev MPC in partnership with bill bright & blow Intrawest right out of the south!!Yeh Yeh & then....
myrto
January 30, 2004
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
Has anyone heard anything like this?
gatkinso
January 30, 2004
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
Intrawest is apparently looking for a buyer for Mountain Creek - speculation is because they are trying to raise the cash for "a large east coast acquisition."

But all my info comes from the Killington board and they are probably all atleast as clueless as I am!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?