Why, Why, Why
7 posts
3 users
jonjon
January 28, 2004
Member since 04/2/2004 🔗
70 posts
I've been waiting for Timberline to open up all of its slopes before I spend my hard earned money to go skiing there. Apparently that will never happen. As of this morning both Canaan and Timberline still do not have all of their runs open, and there is 2-3 FEET of natural snow on the ground. Am I missing something?
jimmy
January 28, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
No you're not missing something; they're missing a sense of urgency.
(Anonymous)
January 28, 2004
Andy, its not that I think its ok that they aren't 100% open. Obviously they both should be by now, no excuses. But if I had the choice of skiing on a partially open mountain or sitting in my living room, theres a good chance I will be on the snow.
(Anonymous)
January 28, 2004
Of course we would go sking!I'll bet its sweet up there,BUT SHHHHHhh!! You have to keep them on thier toes.What are they going to do next year if they actually have to work to get the slopes open?
jimmy
January 28, 2004
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Andy & Darren, you're both right! I'm just whining because I haven't been there since New Years.
(Anonymous)
January 29, 2004
Actually, you've been missing a lot of good skiing. Why hold out for the Drop and Lower Dew Drop? Thats really the only major parts of the mountain that aren't open. Off The Wall and the new gladed areas are all in beautiful shape and have been for weeks. That warm spell didn't help either Canaan or T-line for sure, but if you wait till they are complety open you will probably not do much skiing in the Valley this season. Especially considering the fact that Plywood Parkway is almost never open at Timberline. Its your call though.
(Anonymous)
January 29, 2004
Timberline & Cv will read your post darren & go back to their nap.Thanks!
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?