Warm weather at Snowshoe
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
January 24, 2002
My husband and I have reservations at Snowshoe for Sunday, January 27th - Wednesday January 30th. I have been watching the weather and am pretty concerned about the conditions. Luck has not been on our side. Our trip to Snowshoe last year was during the very warm weather during February. That is why we moved this years trip back into January. It was fine up there last year, a little slushy but there was no rain. I am wondering if we should cancel our reservations.
myrto
January 24, 2002
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
Go! It's still the best and I am sure they will be making snow Friday nite.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
January 25, 2002
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
A word about Conditions at Snowshoe:

The mountain doesn't lie about conditions. Snowshoe reported rain for Wednesday and Thursday and guess what, it rained. Snowshoe made snow last night and will make more again tonight. That should make for decent, machine groomed conditions over the weekend. Expect warm temps during the day from Sunday until Tuesday, but then things turn cold again by Wednesday. In short, both this weekend and next will be decent and the midweek should offer some nice Spring-like conditions-soft, wet, snow that is very forgiving for less confident skiers. I've been to Shoe 3 times this year and conditions were always better than reported. Snowshoe has one of the best grooming and snowmaking systems in the WORLD with 100 percent coverage! Give it a chance-it will work for you.

PS Lower Cupp will be groomed in its entirety this weekend, giving CONFIDENT intermediates an opportunity to ski some of the best terrain in the region.

PPS Whitetail and 7 Springs have also been very honest in reporting conditions this year. The proof is that they lower base numbers whenever we get a thaw.

John Sherwood

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.