Laurel Mountain
3 posts
2 users
TBONE
January 22, 2003
Member since 01/20/2003 🔗
15 posts
I am from DC and this season I was trying most of the local resorts trying to get a feel for what is in this area. Does anyone have first hand info on Laurel? I notice their prices are very good. Questions...

Does it ever get crowded? Why are they only open on like 2 days durring the week?

What is the advanced terrain like? Is there alot of challenging trails? Mostly groomers? What else besides wildcat? How are the rentals and ski school? How about lodging?

Thanks for any info.

[This message has been edited by TBONE (edited 01-22-2003).]

(Anonymous)
January 23, 2003
Laurel is a great skiers mountain. Very rarely crowded - sort of a hidden resort (although I have not skied it on a holiday weekend).

They have had some wicked financial problems over the last few years so to cut back they have closed on I think Mondays and Tuesdays this year.

Advanced terrain is very good - it is the beginner terrain that is not real great there. If you can ski well, it is a GREAT mountain.

Ski School and rentals are both pretty small. My teenage son, who is a black diamond skier, took a private lesson there and loved the instructor - we were quite pleased. I doubt they have updated their rentals in the last 2-3 yrs because of money issues.

No hotel lodging onsite - there are cabins on the mountain. The town of Ligonier is very close (bottom of the mountain) and some of the hotels there have ski and stay packages.

Have fun!

TBONE
January 24, 2003
Member since 01/20/2003 🔗
15 posts
Robin,

Thanks for the info. It sounds very promising. I am trying to get out there in the next few weeks to see for myself.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?