Whitetail email and webcams
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Scott - DCSki Editor
January 12, 2003
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
It looks like Whitetail now has four webcams running (as of Sunday afternoon); one is on the tubing area and another is on the Mixing Bowl. I know their cams are portable and they tend to move them around a bit.

But it looks like they responded to your gripe #2 very quickly.

- Scott

PhysicsMan
January 12, 2003
Member since 11/20/2001 🔗
218 posts
> ...it looks like they responded to your gripe #2 very quickly.

I'll tell you, the power of the Internet is absolutely amazing . It must feel great to run a website with such impact .

(er ... I guess I must have looked at their webcams at wrong moment. )

Anyway, if they would now only answer their email, I'd be happy to kiss and make up

Tom / PM

PhysicsMan
January 13, 2003
218 posts
Anybody else annoyed with WT about: (1) not answering email they receive; and, (2) not keeping one of their webcams on the mixing bowl?

With respect to gripe #1, last week I sent an email (and then a follow-up) to them asking about setting up a somewhat specialized private lesson for someone. To date, I have not received even an short acknowledgment back that they received my message and are working on it. I of course will eventually call them, but it is extremely poor business practice for an organization to offer an email point of contact on their web site, but not at least acknowledge incoming messages. You are shooting yourselves in the foot guys with practices like this.

With respect to gripe #2, one of the most important functions of ski area web cams to me is to find out how busy the area is on a particular day. Recently, they switched one of their web cams from looking at the mixing bowl to looking up the new tubing runs. IMHO, I think this is almost a complete waste of time because it doesn't even tell you how busy the tubing area is. Switch back, guys!!!

Tom / PM

PS - BTW, anybody know a direct email adr to the SS (or a SS supervisor) at WT?

PhysicsMan
January 13, 2003
218 posts
Well, they didn't break any speed records, but 5 days after my initial message, WT finally did respond to my email inquiry. Snail mail would probably have been equally fast, but so it goes.

[/rant_over]

Tom / PM

[This message has been edited by PhysicsMan (edited 01-13-2003).]

finsoutoc
January 21, 2003
Member since 09/30/2003 🔗
172 posts
physicsman, i don't know the ss supervisor at wt but the overall ss manager for snowtime is a guy named lonnie watkins. may want to try lwatkins@skiliberty.com or lwatkins@snowtime.com.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.