7 springs
7 posts
4 users
2k+ views
AirHawk
January 17, 2001
Member since 12/27/2000 🔗
50 posts
7 springs seems to be the biggest resort around....2x the size of snowshoe but i dotn hear very much hype about it what is it??? bad terran bad snow?? io have never been there but i am plaen to head out that way soon i dont understand why if its the largest resort covered by DCski why does it get so little hype??? where as showshoe is just regular sized and gets alot of hype???

hum......

plz respond

AirHawk
January 17, 2001
50 posts
oh yea i wanted to add???? how good is seven springs snow maken system..as good as the shoes i have herd the place was own by some big snowmaken company and has great snowmaken system is this true thank

Air

(Anonymous)
January 17, 2001
seven springs is well run, excellent snowmaking, lots of lifts, lots of short slopes,lots of restaurants and lodge bldgs at base of slopes. it a good place to ski. problem is that all slopes are pretty short, their vertical is only 600 or 700 ft, sort of like snowshoe without the western side.
mrhazmat
January 17, 2001
Member since 12/7/2000 🔗
47 posts
Concur with JJ. 7 Springs is a great resort. What it lacks in vertical you can make up in the number of runs you can get in. With its lift capacity and two distinct skiing "faces" crowds are well dispersed. There are also trails they let bump up naturally and although short, the will give you a workout. Also, apres ski activities are essentially under one roof, so you do not have to wait on a shuttle to carry you around the mountain top. "Try it, you'll like it!"
myrto
January 17, 2001
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
7springs is a blast. It's got everything except for huge verticle. I have never known anyone that went there and didn't have a good time.
It is how you picture a ski lodge to be in your mind.
AirHawk
January 17, 2001
50 posts
Thanks for the info but i am still not sure why 7springs is so underrated all that acerage hot diggedy damn!!! it vertical matches showshoe with out it WESTERN TERRORITY shoeshoe has 900 at northen tact (snowshoe area now caled northen tact) and 600 at silver creek i remember reading showhere i might be alittle off but ithink thats about right... it might even be less but its not that greaTT!! i think my memeory tends to be high... but 7springs sounds great with all this acreage what is it about the place?? how about wisp is it like mini 7springs??
mrhazmat
January 18, 2001
Member since 12/7/2000 🔗
47 posts
Oh, One other thing, I believe Seven Springs was listed as one of the top 50 ski resorts in America by Snow Country Magazine a couple years back. This was quite an honor for them and they have made improvements since then.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?