Best colored goggles
3 posts
3 users
2k+ views
3 users
2k+ views
The thread about best goggles for over glasses brought up an interesting point.
I'd like to know what colors everyone uses for their goggles.
I have 3 pair. A pair of Bolle's with a vermillion lense for daytime flat-light conditions (when it's actually snowing).
Another pair is a pair of Smith with clear lenses for night time skiing.
My local shop rep also talked me into a pair of Smith's with a special Green lense developed just for night skiing.
My personal favorites are the vermillion for flat-light & the clear's for night. I must say though that the Smith's with the green lense does work quite well - I think the clear is the best at night.
What does everyone else think?
jimmer
My wife uses the vermillion, but I prefer amber for flat light. For very cold sunny days I have a pair of gray mirrored goggles. For not so cold sunny days, Rx sunglasses.
I have a pair of Oakley's with amber lens and a cheap pair of Smith with amber lens. The Oakley ones are old but still really excellent. After putting them on give them about 2 minutes and the amber tinge goes away. It doesnt on the Smith ones. I don't really like riding at night too cold and too hard to really make out terrain but any time I have I've gone goggleless.

