Ski Tuning
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
MangyMarmot
November 29, 2003
Member since 12/25/2002 🔗
183 posts
Anybody have advice on learning how to do my own ski maintenance?

Any good books or Web sites? How about tools?

I don't want to bugger up my K2 Axis X's (bought last season) -- and I want to learn how to best care for them.

mm

tromano
November 30, 2003
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
go to tognar.com they have a number of good tips online. Buy the basic tuning kit, the one with the video.
ridesno
December 2, 2003
Member since 11/22/2003 🔗
9 posts
Hey, I know as a shop tech I'm going to get killed for this but, I love showing people how to take care of their equipment. So, go to your local shop and talk to them. But, please remember you still need to take your equipment in 1 -2 times a season to have the shop run them thru the tuner.
Roy
December 4, 2003
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
Ridesno, what is the difference in running your skis through the tuner and getting a hand tune? I've read articles in the past about a shop in New England where the guy does hand tuning and has built himself a rather busy business by doing that. On your opinion, what is the difference and what is better?
ridesno
December 4, 2003
Member since 11/22/2003 🔗
9 posts
Hey Roy your right there can be no diff. in the two tuneup. Yes, I do only hand tunes. What I was tring to get across and didn't was that while learning to tune (getting the feel of it) let a shop fine tune your skiis or boards. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.