Snow Board Boots for Wide Feet
6 posts
3 users
2k+ views
(Anonymous)
February 18, 2003
I have wide feet, width size 2E. I can't last a whole day in my boots. I have to take them off when I break for lunch. I know I look stupid walking around in my socks but if I kept them on I am sure I would have gangrene by the end of the day! Does anybody know if you can get custom made snow board boots? Also, would custom foot beds help with a wide foot?
canaanman
February 20, 2003
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
Pretty wide feet there. I too have wide feet, and getting snowboard boots is a challenge, especially if you are on a budget. I have found that Northwaves tend to run wide and have a skateboard-shoe fit to them. Some Burton boots do run wide, but you really have to look for them. Your best option is to head to the local shop and try on every pair of boots in the shop. You will most likely need a size larger than what you wear in shoes, and thus you may need a foot bed or orthopedic foam to elevate your feet off the bottom of the boots to get good control, and you will also need foam down in the toes to keep them warm. Just some advice from a now, size 12 boot boarder.
ridesno
November 24, 2003
Member since 11/22/2003 🔗
9 posts
Hey, try DC, FLOW, lamar and SnowJam Boots. All have wide models.
(Anonymous)
December 2, 2003
Saloman ski boots always seemed wide to me. Maybe their snowboard boots are built the same? I'm wearing size 13 K2 boots that fit me pretty well. I don't have a super wide foot though.
(Anonymous)
December 14, 2003
I'm in the same boat as most everyone on this site. Sometimes I can only get a few hours in because my feet hurt so bad. I've tried all kinds of boots and can't seem to find any that are built for wide feet. Any new ideas?
(Anonymous)
January 12, 2004
I have small in length but wide feet, I normally wear UK size 6/7 and tried many boots from 32 - salamon and could not last on the slope for more than 1 hour without taking my boots off (serious pain). I have found that a UK 8 (US 9) Burton Hail boots seem to be wide enough for me :-) Hope this helps!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?