Rentals near Timberline?
6 posts
3 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
January 21, 2003
Any suggestions for off-site rentals near Timberline? Where are they?

Thanks!

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
January 21, 2003
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Ski Barn on Rt. 32 near the junction of 32 and the Timberline Rd. Nice equipment: K-2s mostly but they looked fairly new.

Also, some nice demo stuff for $30. regular rentals are $20.

[This message has been edited by johnfmh (edited 01-21-2003).]

January 26, 2003
1,986 posts
Lietmotiv:

That's interesting to know. I'm thinking about eventually buying a pair of Atomics. Did you know what Atomic models they rent? It might behoove me to rent a pair for an entire day to really get a feel for the skis.

[This message has been edited by johnfmh (edited 01-26-2003).]

Lietmotiv
January 27, 2003
Member since 12/31/2001 🔗
113 posts
Ski barn is decent but the Deerfield Rentals over by the Deerfield Resort rents new Atomics for $30 a day. Plus they have a great selection of Snowboards for any of the slower members of your group.

Lietmotiv
January 31, 2003
Member since 12/31/2001 🔗
113 posts
Sorry for the delay. As for the atomics they rent. They had 2003 C:9.18's and a few other models. I bought a pair of C:9.18's in Utah and I am estatic with them. I had some Volant Machete G's which rocked but these Atomics are super stable at speed and bust through the T-line late afternoon crud. Atomics tend to need sharpening more than other ski's because the metal they use can be sharpened more than most ski's thus they can wear down a little faster but if you don't mind tuning a little more then go try em out. Plus they actually wax and tune the demo ski's regularly since they have a small demo selection.

February 1, 2003
1,986 posts
Thanks. I demoed the R-11s last year and was not too happy--they were a little soft for the hard snow we get here in the east. I'll check out the C line of skis. I'm looking for a ski similar to the Volkl G-31, but lighter and easier to turn in bumps. This is probably mission impossible, but Atomic has an interesting line of skis and I may just find one. All the ski trade publications give Atomics the highest ratings.

Has anyone tried the Atomic SX-11?

[This message has been edited by johnfmh (edited 02-01-2003).]

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.