Jumper??
7 posts
5 users
2k+ views
(Anonymous)
December 8, 2003
I am a pretty good level 2, almost level 3 skier, and I am having a problem learning now to hit a jump (nothing big) and get some air, and at the same time be in control and stick a landing. I would greatly appreciate some advice
JohnL
December 8, 2003
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Don't want to send you to another site, but I recall either Ski or Skiing magazine having a nice article on learning how to jump by Kristen Ulmer. It may still be in their archives. It was within the past 3-4 years.

tromano
December 8, 2003
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Lavel 3, and already jumping? You are ambitious. Just start off on a shallow slope, build up some speed and try jumping small bumps to learn how. Ususally you will start of crouched and push off the top of the bump and then absorb again on landing. But be safe adn wear a helmate always when jumping.
jimmy
December 9, 2003
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
So you want to jump? The most important thing is to be sure of your landing area. the rest is simple. A four point takeoff and landing is how you maintain balance. Four points are two skis and both poles. Pick your spot, plant both poles and jump. Reach for your landing with both poles and touch down with "four points".
comprex
December 19, 2003
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Uhh, was that level II on the ski shop form or level 2 SKIll level?
(Anonymous)
December 28, 2003
Level 2 on the Ski Shop Forms. I don't know what type I am on the real form.
comprex
December 28, 2003
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Ah, I think tromano may be talking about SKIll level (a little quizzy-poo put together by a mass mag, basically 1-10). It is entirely possible you're level 5-6 on that scale. Good instructions, though.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.