Confusing Slope Statistics
4 posts
3 users
2k+ views
Bendemeer
March 11, 2004
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
6 posts
I have a question about DCski's slope statistics shown on each resort page. On Snowshoe's page it shows: 57 trails (14% beginner, 36% intermediate, 23% expert). That only adds up to 73% . . . what about the other 27% ??

Thanks [Confused]
Scott - DCSki Editor
March 11, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,139 posts
Good eye.. That 14% should be a 41%. I just made the correction.

Thanks,

- Scott
Bendemeer
March 11, 2004
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
6 posts
Thanks for the clarification.
gatkinso
March 19, 2004
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
OT but interesting

Rule of 9: if the difference between the actual result and the true result digits add up to 9 (or a multiple of 9) then two consectutive digits have been transposed in one of the addends.

41+36+23 = 100 (true)
14+36+23 = 73 (actual)
-----
(subtract) 27 (difference)

2+7 = 9
DCSki Sponsor: DCSki

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?

Join the conversation by logging in.

Don't have an account? Create one here.

0.14 seconds