Timberline skiing
8 posts
4 users
1k+ views
TGV
January 15, 2010
Member since 11/13/2008 🔗
337 posts
There are no lift lines at Timberline - Could this change over the weekend?

Canaan had few cars too - the snow is great - and again, no lift lines yet.

This is a big weekend, so we'll see what it will do for us. Either way, wake up early on Saturday to enjoy the great weather - later in the day isn't too promissing.
TGV
January 17, 2010
337 posts
I posted a few photos - couldn't resist the Hard Plates / snowboarding action that was taking place at Tline on Saturday. They were every where - no special event, but very fun to watch.
Check out the PHOTO COVERAGE on www.visitcanaan.com

Hope you enjoy.
wvrocks
January 18, 2010
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
262 posts
The snow on Saturday was perfect for riding hardboots. Fast and really held an edge. For a small ski area, Timberline has a pretty big group of alpine riders.

Great Pics Ludovic! Especially that guy in red! wink

Looks like I need to get my shoulders square to the fall line quicker! grin
Tucker
January 18, 2010
Member since 03/14/2005 🔗
893 posts
Maybe if you stick your tongue out in the opposite direction it will help with your angulation... grin
wvrocks
January 18, 2010
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
262 posts
Didn't think of that. I'll have to give it a try!

In all seriousness, it is pretty interesting to see pics like
this. I've seen very few of me riding and its good to see how out of whack your body positioning is.
TGV
January 18, 2010
337 posts
WV Rocks... Photo #11 really shows what it's all about. One of the best form I have seen in a long time. What I find most interesting though: you are not exactly a lightweight, yet you have unreal angulation. Are you made of rubber?

Photo #09 seems to show an intense amount of tork on your back foot - which is way cool.

All and all, makes me want to try it - the real way.
The closest attempt was when I took a soft board, drilled two tele bindings in-line & went for it on Lower Thunder. To say the least:
"That was interesting" / lots of fun though.
wvrocks
January 18, 2010
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
262 posts
Originally Posted By: TGV
you are not exactly a lightweight, yet you have unreal angulation. Are you made of rubber?

They say the camera adds 15 pounds right? grin

Thanks for the compliments.

There is actually a company selling a Teleboard. It is pretty narrow, a bit wider than a big modern powder ski with more sidecut. Always looked like trouble to me!

In my opinion, a toeside turn on an alpine snowboard feels a lot like a right (for me anyway) turn on tele gear.
RodSmith
January 18, 2010
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
Nice picks, not out of whack at all.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.