Broken Flow Binding at Whitetail
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
bawalker
January 12, 2010
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Last night I ventured out for the first time this year to Whitetail with a friend for the nighttime hours and was really amazed at the quality of snow they had. Guns were turned on for every slope except the beginner runs, though those were turned on later in the evening.

Anyway everything was going great until later when I was making a run down underneath the beginner quad where I was to turn into the new park (old pipe). Just then I hear something snap and hear something jingle on my binding. Not only that, my right foot was coming loose so needless to say that was a hectic ride to the bottom.

When I got down, I looked and saw that the 'latch' that holds flips up and locks the metal piece that holds the boot in place had broken out of it's pivot spot. In fact the head and tail end of the rivet which that piece pivoted on just busted right off.

The actual plastic latch and the cable it hangs on are all in OK condition. My question is... is it possible to get these fixed? It looks like all that needs to be done is to have a rivet pushed back through that latch and the heel piece and it'd work great again. Are there any places that these can be sent off to for repair? Or is this the end of the line for these bindings?

Thanks!
Envy
January 12, 2010
Member since 02/10/2009 🔗
24 posts
How old are they? Id call Flow, theyre usually pretty good with customer service.
therusty
January 12, 2010
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
Sounds like any shop worth its salt could do that. Jason Cotton is an instructor that reps Flow at Whitetail. I'll get his contact info this weekend and send you a pm.
bawalker
January 13, 2010
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Thanks rusty!

Btw conditions were awesome for my first runs of the year there. Just a matter of getting my legs back under me.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?