4 posts
1 user
1k+ views
hendlerj
January 6, 2010
Member since 01/6/2010 🔗
5 posts
Hello.

My wife and I rent a small cabin in Stowe for Jan and Feb.

I am a pilot and we fly a 4 seat airplane, a Columbia 400, from Gaithersburg, MD to Burlington, VT every weekend for the two months. It takes about 2 hours to get there and about 2.5 hours to return.

We often have guests filling the rear seats, but some weekends those seats are empty.

We generally leave from Gaithersburg at about 5pm on Friday and depart Burlington at about 5pm on Sunday.

If you are interested in skiing Stowe, Smuggler's Notch or Bolton Valley with only 2 hours in the air (instead of 10 hours driving), this is a good option.

Of course, you need to be unafraid of small planes.

I have 1,500 hours of logged time as Pilot In Command and am fully instrument rated.

If you are interested in coming along when the rear seats are empty, please give me a shout. In accord with FAA laws, your cost will be your pro-rata share of the expenses. It comes out to $200 per seat roundtrip.

The seats are available this weekend, and I will post in future weeks when they are available.

You will, of course, be responsible for your own lodging and transportation.

Burlington is a full service airport, so you can rent cars there.

Stowe has tons of lodging on and near the mountain. If you want a cheaper alternative, I used to stay here

http://www.bestwesternwaterburystowe.com/
hendlerj
January 19, 2010
Member since 01/6/2010 🔗
5 posts
We have two seats available again this weekend. Depart Gaithersburg on Friday, 22nd January and return from Burlington on Sunday, 24th January.

Please let me know if you are interested.
hendlerj
January 26, 2010
Member since 01/6/2010 🔗
5 posts
We are full the next two weekends, but have two seats for the LONG President's Weekend.

We will probably leave Thursday night, 11th Feb and return Monday, 15th Feb.

Let me know if you are interested in skiing Vermont that weekend.

Two forum readers came with us this past weekend and had a ball.
hendlerj
February 6, 2010
Member since 01/6/2010 🔗
5 posts
I have had no takers for President's weekend. How can we have a whole message board full of hardcore skiers and not have a single couple that wants to go to Stowe/Smugglers/Bolton for the long weekend???

They have a ton of snow up there and runs that make the local mountains look very small.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.