These are my rock skis (now)
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Bumps
December 31, 2009
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
While on recent trip to snowshoe during the latest snow storm, I took a fast ride down Sawmill. It was bumped up pretty good, but had some softspots on downhill side of bumps. I hit a bump turned and came down hard on my skis right on a rock. I knew it would leave a mark. I was surprised at just how much of a mark it left.

The pics don't do it justice it went deep and to me looked like a crater. I did a quick repair that night so I could ski next day without worrying about making it worse what I had and came back home and worked on it some more. The result:

I could never quite get it perfect, but think I did a pretty good job on it. I used standard P-TEX and had to do it in layers because how deep it was. I am hoping it will hold up. I've only fixed a few this deep, mostly on my son's snowboard.
comprex
December 31, 2009
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Well done, let us know if it holds up well.
jimmy
December 31, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Nice job bumps. My theory is that all skis are rock skis, just some haven't, in the spirit of the music/skiing thread, been rocked on yet.
Bumps
January 3, 2010
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
Jimmy your signature tag was running through my head!! I've scuffed them up pretty good in past, but generally have avoided the deep gouges by choosing best lines through the thin stuff. Here the powder without a base made it look better then it was. But I hit the trail at least three more times that day grin. It and J hook were really bumped up and until late in day J-hook was an obsticle course of bodies.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?