Excellent adventures on the road to snowshoe
1 post
1 user
1k+ views
Bumps
December 19, 2009
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
My son and I hit the road Friday afternoon thinking we would beat the heavy snow and make it to snowshoe before it started piling up. Well it started snowing way earlier then we expected and the number of cars on the road slipping and sliding without any traction was amazing. We ended up going 25 Mph behind a line of about 4 cars down toward 64 on the back two lane roads. Well we finally get within two miles of the interstate and traffic comes to a stop. we end up sitting there for around three hours. We did not have any thing to drink so we used a couple soda cups to fill with fresh snow and broke into some crackers and cheese spread we had brought along. Well after three hours of listing to music and having gourmet snow crackers and cheese we finally moved. About a half mile to the next pileup. this one was only about a half hour. Well we finally got to 64 and was on our way. To give you an idea of how bad it was we passed a snowplow that ended up in ditch going down the mountain around waynsboro. Well going into west virgina it was just slow and steady going. THe old F150 just plowed along. Well we finally got here around 430am and after checking in and getting car unloaded we went to bed at 530am and was up at 930am to get on slopes. Geting into the parking lot was the hardest part of the whole trip. I got it in but the only slot that was open was handicapped. I was going to move after unloading but the truck was stuck! I could have got it out with a lot of effort but was shot. So I called the front desk and said are you really going to enforce this and they said I should be fine until they got things cleared up. Not sure when that will be since they closed the roads going to the mountain today!!! well here are a couple pics from today:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=10813&id=100000220470287&l=4a3eaa8bf0

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.