5 posts
4 users
2k+ views
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
cj68
December 16, 2009
Member since 03/17/2009 🔗
35 posts
Round Top has re-graded and lengthened Recruit and it will be a dedicated, full on bump run. There will also be bumps on Lower Gun Barrel and Upper Lafayette's Leap. If weather permits, there may be bumps on Upper Leap by this weekend.

Last year at the end of the season we had a decent sized group ripping the bumps at RT and hopefully it will be the larger this year. If anyone is interested in skiing bumps with us at RT or any of the other local Snowtime resort, please let me know via this thread. The more interest the resorts see in bump skiing, the more of an effort they will go through to provide quality terrain for all abilities, as Round Top is doing.

Thanks,

cj
Bumps
December 17, 2009
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
I like bumps! But they don't always like me!!
dugly2ugly
December 17, 2009
Member since 12/11/2009 🔗
3 posts
It's been a while since I've been to Roundtop - Liberty and Whitetail are much more convenient coming from VA - but I'm going to make a point to get back up there more. I've been impressed with the type of terrain that they've opened up with this first week in comparison to those other two mountains and this message about multiple trails with bumps is a nice breath of fresh air. At Whitetail you get them on Exibition and Lower Eastwind at Liberty. Almost never any other runs and quite often not even on those trails.

I'm going to make another attempt to get up there this weekend. I stupidly tried to get there on Sunday morning but eventually had to turn around after they closed down Rt. 15 when it turned into a sheet of ice and started resembling bumper cars with 18 wheelers (I shouldn't joke, it actually was a little intense for a while). I'm a little worried now though with the weather coming through this weeknd; it sounds like the skiing will be great if I can get there, but the drive might be dicey again.
JohnL
December 18, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,563 posts
CJ,

I'll probably make it up to Roundtop a few times this year; I'll let you know when I do. (Normally ski Timberline and Blue Knob.)

I may be up there this Sunday, depending upon storm track, roads, etc.
cj68
December 18, 2009
Member since 03/17/2009 🔗
35 posts
There should be a group of us skiing at RT on Sunday. Big Daddy is going to try and build some bumps on upper Leap and with the new snow it should be sweet.

cj

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.