Help Housing for scouts near snowshoe 1/29
3 posts
2 users
pagamony - DCSki Supporter
December 14, 2009
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
838 posts
Hey guys. This is for real, I need help.

My scout troop - www.troop451durham.org - needs really super mega cheap housing near Snowshoe on Jan 29 and 30. We switched to Showshoe last year and it worked out, but both of our sure-thing housing options fell through this year. I am talking real cheap basement floor sleeping bag expectations. We'll probably have about 30 - 40 people. Any help will be appreciated and rewarded. Thanks.
Ullr
December 15, 2009
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
531 posts
You can stay in one of the Cass Railroad Company houses for about $200 dollars a night (for the houses that sleep 12).

http://www.cassrailroad.com/cottages.html

Depending on if it is more like 30 people or 40 people, you would be looking at 2 or 3 houses, so the cost for both days would be between $800 - $1200. Not bad when you think of how many people it would be.
pagamony - DCSki Supporter
December 16, 2009
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
838 posts
Thanks for the pointer! That's about double what we normally budget, but I'll call and see if I can wrangle a discount, if they are still even available. I saw those last year and looked into a couple of months ago. I now have a line on something really really cheap and if it works out I'll post about it.
Cheers, Dave
DCSki Sponsor: DCSki

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?