Breckenridge, December 8, 2009 by Connie Lawn
1 post
1 user
Connie Lawn - DCSki Columnist
December 8, 2009
Member since 04/19/2009 🔗
138 posts
What a hardy bunch these skiers are. A group of skiers and snowboarder writers were hosted by the fine folks at Vail Associates. They represent the ski areas owned by Vail - including Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, and Heavenly. We had a wonderful breakfast at one of the new resorts at Breckenridge, called Seven Restaurant. You get up to it by the gondola from the parking lot, and can take a free bus to the lot. After breakfast, about 20 in the group took a number of fast runs. The snow is in wonderful condition, with more light, fluffy snow falling constantly. But the temperature is near zero, and the wind strong. I did not try to keep up - Charles and I did a few runs with our wounded warrior friends. They are still out there in the mountains, training for races, and gaining strength and coordination each day.
We re-joined the Vail media group for a lunch at the Ten Mile restaurant, and sampled their new, giant Epicburger. It ties in with their Epic ski pass, which is a terrific buy for anyone skiing at the Vail Resorts. After that, a few more runs in the snow and cold. It brings out the wild in me - to be in the high mountains, with the snow and wind lashing my face. A beautiful feeling of closeness with nature. The skiing gets better, and we live up to our motto, "we go, it snows!" Vail Resorts hosts
Davis Finch adds the secret sauce to my veggie Epic Burger!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?