Washington Post "Ski" Feature
3 posts
3 users
scootertig
November 29, 2009
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
I went out of my way today to get my hands on the dead tree edition of the Washington Post after I noticed last night that the early edition had a special travel section on skiing. I seem to remember that last year (or the year before?), they did a skiing preview that highlighted a bunch of the local resorts, along with giving ticket prices, approximate drive times from DC, etc.

This year? A cover story on A-Basin, a blurb on x-country skiing in New England, something about a resort in Spain, and info on Ireland and Mozambique?

Was anyone else as disappointed as I was? Is there a local skiing preview forthcoming?

aaron
JimK - DCSki Columnist
November 30, 2009
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Aaron, those look like the same stories I saw on their website. Looks like the more detailed local ski info is a victim of the declining fate of print media?? tired

Pittsburgh Gazette had a better ski feature as discussed here:

http://www.dcski.com/ubbthreads33/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=55093&Searchpage=1&Main=5824&Words=gazette+larry&Search=true#Post55093
JohnL
November 30, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Quote:
Aaron, those look like the same stories I saw on their website. Looks like the more detailed local ski info is a victim of the declining fate of print media??

Sunday's stories were in the Sunday Travel section (they'll have ski related stories several times a year.) The detailed local ski area info appears in the Weekend section (Friday paper) and normally appears in December? I never thought the detailed local ski area info was all that "detailed", though it did/does have a nice summary table.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.