Claw Ski reviews?
2 posts
2 users
1k+ views
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
June 24, 2004
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
Previous thread talked about Claw Skis and had the URL, http://www.clawskis.com/ . Based on the web site information they seem to be a great pair of skis, but at a price of only $475, it is priced as a mid-quality ski, notwithstanding the propaganda that goes with it...

Has anyone owned a pair or skied a pair and could shed some light on the quality and performance of Claws?
comprex
June 24, 2004
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Actually, lbotta, I hold those to be priced as an upper level ski, especially when compared to an Odyssey, though, granted, not when compared to a Phantom.

Never skied a Claw; held an older one (Y2K) in my hand once at Reliable Racing, and, well,
<minuses> the finish was very unimpressive and the binding lift/plate looked quite kludgey.
<pluses> Felt supremely damp especially for the weight- when I banged the tail on the floor I didn't even hear a proper 'thunk' let alone feel a ringing at the edges.

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but I really feel the difference between $850 MSRP and $350 closeout is Mostly MiddleMan Markup. THe folks at Clawskis shouldn't really have MMMs, and I would expect their product to rival my S:11s in performance for that price. (I am not actually objecting to MSRP here and now, just pointing out that Claw doesn't have the excuses for cost Atomic does)
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.