Now come on, have you done everything?
* For me, it's more a matter of doing anything. King of the 11th hour / woulda, shoulda, coulda.
Checked the SW website for sales every day?
* Why bother, when the more obsessed will report on DCSki any great deals.
New snow tires for the car?
* Hah!. I still need to get a battery so I can get one of my cars out of the driveway.
Skis were tuned at pre-season rates?
* Even cheaper if you don't bother having them tuned.
Made reservations at the local resorts for MLK and President's day?
* Reservations made for my couch on those two weekends. (Actually, T-Line is about the best bet around.)
Made sure your ski outfit is color coordinated?
* On ski mornings I'm either too hung-over or tired for any preparation to make a difference. Plus, I'd probably have to buy things that matched. Too much work.
Actually got your gaiter and your balaclava out of the ski bag and soaked them in woolite?
* When the time comes for washing, I buy something new. Plus, anything I own will air out by the end of one ride up the T-Line chair.
Check to see if you had enough of the thin socks to keep your feet warm?
* Socks? Why bother with socks? Bobby Orr didn't.
Ipod has just the right mix of rock and roll?
* Still haven't gotten around to buying one. Plus I get the random flashback of concerts I've been to.
Been to the boot fitter to take care of that one little hotspot that shows up right after lunch?
* Cheaper and easier to have a beer at that point.
Then you, my friend, can have a beer (a Hop Devil will do!). The rest of you, get to work. grin
* Why wait for the beer? It's always noon somewhere.