PPG Annual Ski Preview
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
hockeydave
November 7, 2009
Member since 06/30/2004 🔗
780 posts
In this Sunday's print and online edition, the Pittsburgh Post Gazette has their annual ski season preview. Larry Walsh always does a great job previewing local ski area updates and improvements throughout the Mid-Atlantic.

http://www.postgazette.com/
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Wow, so soon. This used to be done a lot closer to Thanksgiving. At any rate I'll be reading the review tomorrow morning.
jb714
November 8, 2009
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
Seven Springs is raising the price of weekend, adult lift tickets to $60 this season, according to the Post-Gazette article:

Quote:
But, with the price of weekend lift tickets at Seven Springs jumping this year to $60 for adults and $45 for children, a season pass is still a good deal for those who plan to hit the slopes a dozen or more times on weekends during the season.

Hidden Valley this season will be $30 Friday, $47 Sat and $42 Sunday.

I think the Nuttings are raising prices too much, too fast, plain and simple. What improvements is Seven Springs offering this season - any new trails, any new lifts, any snowmaking improvements?
hockeydave
November 9, 2009
Member since 06/30/2004 🔗
780 posts
2 parents + 2 teenage kids = $240 for 1 day of skiing at 7S on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday. That doesn't include the gas to get there and any food and/or beverages bought at the mountain; then you're looking at a $300 to $350 tab. Still a better bargain than sitting in the stands at PNC Park watching a minor league team at major league prices.

At least when Laurel opens, I'm hoping that will be a lower priced alternative for families. I'm not sure what influence, if any, the state will have in controlling the prices at Laurel.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?