Canaan Valley and what's up.
9 posts
7 users
2k+ views
kwillg6
November 2, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Was in the valley this weekend. T-line is finally starting to gear things up for the season....moving guns, repairing chairs, etc... The economy is hurting them as is is everybody. Doc is doing his best to give a GREAT product again this season. Can't say too much about CV. Met their ski school director and he seems like a good Joe. I hope they do more on their snowmaking this season. IF we get the season everybody's expecting, it will be a good year for folks to head to the valley. If you have never been, why not do it this year? Take a lesson (shameless plug) grin You may even get to ski with some of us who frequent this board.
Meet you in the Pub! wink
fishnski
November 2, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
I heard that the Tunnel colapsed over at winterset..Did they get that fixed?..Any recession specials at the Pub smile?
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 2, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
The folks from Canaan Valley Lodge and Ski Area had a booth at the Ski Chalet Dilly in Chantily a few weeks back. I learned that the new lease has not been signed, and won't be until the state relaxes the terms or ponies up some funds of their own to make all the physical improvements called for in the lease come true. The margin the contractor has is too small to support such an effort, especially in these tough times.
Anybody know a rich sugar daddy that wants to run a hotel, huge park and a ski area, and do it right!!??
The Colonel smile
skiTLINE
November 2, 2009
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
Need to piggyback Kim here and second the motion of if you havent been to TLine maybe this is the year along with taking a lesson. I can honestly say with 100% confidence their ski school is AWESOME!!! We have had several friends take classes as well as many of them being our friends children. They were all amazed at the fantastic experiences they all had. We also personally have had our son take several classes (he wont listen to us of course) and we are more than pleased with the results! smile
jimmy
November 2, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Originally Posted By: fishnski
I heard that the Tunnel colapsed over at winterset..Did they get that fixed?..Any recession specials at the Pub smile?

They were selling swine flu shots for a buck on saturday. i had a picture of that washed out tunnel somewhere canrain valley last summer.
David
November 2, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Here are those pictures. Courtesy of your Timberline Ski School Director. Not sure who took them. I didn't.

fishnski
November 3, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Thanks for the Pics David..Looked worse than I thought!..That set em Back a few bucks...Hope Jimmi bought a couple of those HiNi shots to help pay for it. Speaking of This HiNi flu..(Please do not read any more past this point if you are easily disgusted by Immature tasteless jokes)..is that the cold that makes your rear end run??
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
November 3, 2009
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts
Originally Posted By: fishnski
Thanks for the Pics David..Looked worse than I thought!..That set em Back a few bucks...Hope Jimmi bought a couple of those HiNi shots to help pay for it. Speaking of This HiNi flu..(Please do not read any more past this point if you are easily disgusted by Immature tasteless jokes)..is that the cold that makes your rear end run??

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .................
do we need snow! This wait is starting to get to some of us.

Woody
kwillg6
November 4, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
For some reason, I think that was already repaired shortly after the tunnel collapsed. I may be back up that way this weekend and will let you know what I find out. Patti makes a mean flu shot. It'll fix what ales you(pun intended).

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.