Keystone Opens in 4 Days -- One Day Early 11/5
5 posts
3 users
2k+ views
bob
November 1, 2009
Member since 04/15/2008 🔗
755 posts
Early season cold snowy weather sure helps.

That will be 2300+ feet of vertical and at least two chairs, since they'll be opening the terrain park the same day. I guess the gondola opens that day.

http://news.vailresorts.com/vailresorts/news/winter/keystone+resort+early+ski+opening+2009.htm?0=0&instance_code=vailresorts
bob
November 1, 2009
755 posts
Lets see if I can make the link work by making it a tiny url:

http://tinyurl.com/yzapdp8
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
November 1, 2009
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
That's cool Bob, good to see the slopes opening. I wonder if the new gondi still moves slower than the quad beside it ? Someday I'd like to go back to Keystone - some nice slopes over on the outback side. You're giving us nice updates, when are you actually going skiing ?
bob
November 2, 2009
755 posts
Well pagamony, the new Keystone gondola is faster than the old one was, but the new one has a mid-way station at the top of Paymaster to slow things down, so it's still slower than the quad.

Actually I was in Summit County two weeks ago doing some work on our condo, and I was tempted to go to the Basin, and if Lenawee had been open I would have. However Lenawee was not open, and the thought of riding Exhibition lift all day (or even part of the day) really didn't excite me at all, so I passed on skiing that trip. It would have been my first October skiing since the mid 90's.

We'll drive to Breckenridge on November 16 or 17, and my season should start on November 18. Since I'll be starting earlier this season than last, I'll see if I can get in more days this season than the 54 days I got in last year.
MarkMascolino
November 2, 2009
Member since 01/18/2007 🔗
32 posts
54 days damn you are lucky.

Skiied Keystone for the first time last year and I enjoyed the stuff way out in the back but I didn't like how most of the traffic all funneled down to a couple lifts which led to crowds.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?