Who wants to go grass skiing?
9 posts
5 users
1k+ views
scootertig
June 6, 2009
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
Bryce is about to re-open their grass skiing for the season (it starts Tuesday). Tues/Thurs are pretty much out for me, but Sundays work. So, I'm just wondering how many people might be interested in a loosely organized GTG to head to Bryce.

So, as a first round attempt, I just thought I'd ask the simple question, "who would be interested in going grass skiing on some Sunday between now and the end of August?"

Depending on the response, we'll figure out how to proceed. If it's just one or two people, we'll coordinate through back channels. If it's 4-5-10-whatever, we'll do it here...

I've got a few Sundays that are booked up due to travel plans, etc, but I've got more free than busy at this point...

Who's in?

aaron

PS - if you've got not idea what I'm talking about, you can check here (http://www.bryceresort.com/s-activities.html#grassski) for a basic overview. It's a good time, even if it does sound a little weird...
KeithT
June 6, 2009
Member since 11/17/2008 🔗
383 posts
I may be up for this. Seems a little wet right now but I have never tried it. I have promised for a few years to take my nephew dirtboarding but every time we went to Wisp they were either all out or they only had one goofy which was always broken. Anyway, I was looking to do this once this season.
scootertig
June 7, 2009
365 posts
Well, that's one! It's definitely wet now, but I don't know that it's going to stay that way for long. Last year, I tried to maybe round something up, but I never planned far enough in advance to get other people on-board. Hopefully, this will be enough notice for everyone that's interested...

aaron
KeithT
June 8, 2009
Member since 11/17/2008 🔗
383 posts
I'll PM contact info Aaron.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
June 8, 2009
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
It's worth doing once. I did it 25 years ago and have no desire to try again. It just doesn't feel that good. Slaloming on rollerblades on a tilted empty parking lot is a lot more fun and feels a lot more like skiing, IMHO. I'd also wait for the ground to dry out and firm up.
GGNagy
June 9, 2009
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
504 posts
I would be interested in trying this as well.
scootertig
July 15, 2009
365 posts
Looks like we're plannning to head down on Sunday (the 19th). Anyone else interested?

aaron
comprex
July 15, 2009
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Good weekend for it. I have something in the afternoon Sun. or I'd be there in a flash.
scootertig
July 29, 2009
365 posts
So, we went. It was great. I keep meaning to post a TR, but the pix are on a computer at home, and I never get a chance to do that while I'm there.

Soooooo....

We're planning to go again in August, either the 9th or the 16th. Either date better/worse for any of the interested parties?

Let me know here, or via PM, and I'll promise to get the TR up soon. Amazingly, this was one of the first times (out of the 5 or 6 times we've done it) that I really felt I was not scary to watch. There's no doubt that this has improved my winter skiing, and vice versa. The fact that you HAVE to "carve" on the grass (as in, there's virtually no way to skid) has had a real impact.

aaron

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?