Round Top End of Season Bumps
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
cj68
April 2, 2009
Member since 03/17/2009 🔗
35 posts
For the local Snowtime skiers that did not make it up to Round Top the last few weeks of the season, here is what we have to look forward to next year.

http://www.vimeo.com/3968317

Big Daddy really out did himself this spring and said he is going to do it up big next year! These bumps were deep and tight (notice how in a lot of the footage you cannot see our shins or boots :)).

Now that it is looking like Recruit may be the dedicated mogul run/course at Round Top, those of us that enjoy bump skiing may have a chance to train on this run for most of the season next year. There has been a lot of talk around RT about supporting bump terrain and possibly holding some comps. Looks like the bumpers may get some love from the local resorts after all!

Thanks again Big Daddy and Ski Round Top!

cj
skier219
April 2, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Nice bump technique -- almost all speed control from retraction and extension. Have you read Dan DiPiro's mogul skiing book? It is one of the most useful ski books I have read and could really help you refine your technique. It's got plenty of instruction for dedicated on-trail bump run skiing, but is also full of little tips and tricks for off-trail bump skiing. Stuff like hopping troughs, hopping onto bumps, mixing in short pump/correction turns, etc, that can really make it fun and effective off-piste.
cj68
April 2, 2009
35 posts
Originally Posted By: skier219
Nice bump technique -- almost all speed control from retraction and extension. Have you read Dan DiPiro's mogul skiing book? It is one of the most useful ski books I have read and could really help you refine your technique. It's got plenty of instruction for dedicated on-trail bump run skiing, but is also full of little tips and tricks for off-trail bump skiing. Stuff like hopping troughs, hopping onto bumps, mixing in short pump/correction turns, etc, that can really make it fun and effective off-piste.

Yep... I own it... not a big fan. A lot of stuff he talks about is not really in step with what is tought on the World Cup currently.

The info that Mogul Logic or Momentum/SMS puts out is far more accurate and cutting edge. The title of DDs book is cool though.

cj
KeithT
April 3, 2009
Member since 11/17/2008 🔗
383 posts
Interesting having the bumps on Recruit. I am not a big Rountop patron, but in the past wasn't Recruit the terrain park and Gunbarrell the bump run???? Of course they also used to have some bumps on Upper Lafayettes and one of the beginner runs.
cj68
April 3, 2009
35 posts
Originally Posted By: KeithT
Interesting having the bumps on Recruit. I am not a big Rountop patron, but in the past wasn't Recruit the terrain park and Gunbarrell the bump run???? Of course they also used to have some bumps on Upper Lafayettes and one of the beginner runs.

Yes, first it was a super pipe and then a park. I think they finally found a good use for that run. And yes, they do have bumps in the beginner area and also on Upper Lafayette's. Lower Gunbarrel was the other bump run, but I think Recruit may replace it... which is for the better. I still liked the bumps on Lower GB though, but Recruit is a better pitch and has longer lines.

cj
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.