12 posts
8 users
3k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 31, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Brad,
When I was at Snowy Luau I bought a Moorefield newspaper and there was a front page article about a court ruling that negated the commission that wanted to build another dam on the obviously not "Lost River". How does this impact your family dam problem?
The Colonel
David
March 31, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Heh, I read your dam family problem?
JohnL
March 31, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Dam, I missed hearing about Brad's dam problem.
Roger Z
March 31, 2009
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
What'd the fish say when he hit a cement wall?

Dam.
David
March 31, 2009
2,444 posts
Two beavers were sitting by a creek staring at the water. One looked at the other and said "What do you think we should do?" The other replied "Dam it!"
David
March 31, 2009
2,444 posts
fishnski
April 1, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Did Y'all know that Tennesee was the biggest Dam state in the union?...Yep...theres more Dams in TN than any other state!
kwillg6
April 1, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
for the longest time when I was growing up I thought my name was "dammit" cuz every time my daddy yelled at me he'd say "stop it, dammit!" or "come here, dammit!" or "shut up and eat, dammit!" whistle wink whistle
skier219
April 1, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Yep, me and my brother were interchangeably called "god dammit" or "jesus christ". We weren't really sure what our real names were. (have to give credit to Bill Cosby for that one, though my dad implemented it on his own).
Roger Z
April 1, 2009
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Andy, when the Tennessee River heard that, you know what it said?

"Well I'll be dammed."

Man, these jokes just never get old, do they?

Hey I got to tell the "dam fish" joke in a meeting at work today and everyone laughed. I have finally made a positive contribution to human civilization!
fishnski
April 2, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Originally Posted By: Roger Z

I got to tell the "dam fish" joke......Wach ya Mouth!

I have finally made a positive contribution to human civilization!

.............DAMAGE!...................
bawalker
April 2, 2009
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I gotta admit, I step away for a few days and to come back and read this thread, it's hilarious. smile

However in all seriousness, the issue with the dam is definitely ongoing. Due to a federal lawsuit that has been filed and under way I can't comment on details relating to the specifics.

However I can say WV State Conservationist has withdrew the Record of Decision to build the dam. Prior to this though, the local level Soil Conservation Board (local elected officials from 5 counties) filed for a 401 Army Corp of Engineer's permit requesting permission to undertake a large earth moving project. At this time it's not known if this 401 permit has been withdrawn as well.

While this is absolutely great news, everyone remains well aware that several individuals on the local level refuse to give this fight up. The attorney representing the Soil Conservation board, as well as son-in-law of board member Don Biller (Howard Krauskophf), are still pushing this dam. Mainly because Mr. Biller will have land surrounding/adjacent to the proposed dam and resulting lake. Mr. Krauskophf also has a residence less than 2 miles away that would over look the resulting lake.

It's completely appearant to anyone who looks at this now that these above local individuals are pushing this project for more than public good/need.

I know Scott kind of frowns on this so I won't make it flagrant or obvious. But if anyone is kind enough to 'lend assistance' to our cause, you are more than welcomed to do so through the SaveLostRiver website. Attorneys aren't cheap. smile

Originally Posted By: The Colonel
Brad,
When I was at Snowy Luau I bought a Moorefield newspaper and there was a front page article about a court ruling that negated the commission that wanted to build another dam on the obviously not "Lost River". How does this impact your family dam problem?
The Colonel

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?