Couple of Events
12 posts
7 users
2k+ views
TGV
March 25, 2009
Member since 11/13/2008 🔗
337 posts
Timberline re-opens this Friday, mar 27th, 9AM!
Without rambling on... let me just say that we have so much SNOW left - it's pathetic, but it's going to be great fun. Here are couple of events I personally wanted to let you gals and guys know about:

Sat, Mar 28th:
Retro Race at 10am. Too much fun... and you might as well dress up to match your skis.

Sat, Mar 28th: Telemark Workshop.
It's been a pleasure for me to take photos of the participants this year. For those returning students, I usually spot improvements in the view finder... which is way cool. We'll be there again, but this time: MAKE SURE you ask to see your photos during lunch: they are part of your movement assessment and will help you identify strength and weaknesses that you can carry out during the second 1/2 of your workshop.

Are you coming too?
kwillg6
March 25, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Just to echo what Vic's saying regarding the retro race. I did this several years ago in its inagural. Damn near killed myself on my old K2 UVO 205s as I forgot how to turn them the "old way" (hint: step, step, step). Seeing those who will race or who just dress up inretro to support these efforts is a blast! Worth going to see.
pac
March 26, 2009
Member since 11/8/2004 🔗
37 posts
Any bumps left up? Since 7Springs is closed it might be worth another hours drive! :-)
TGV
March 28, 2009
337 posts
There are plenty of bumps left on the Drop. There will be a lot of rain (and and off all day) but it will be very much: FUN.
There is a also a telemark workshop on sat... lasting all day.

Either way, I will be there, camera and telemark stick in hand. I will be soaked, but very content.
TGV
March 29, 2009
337 posts
ah... ONE participant on the tele workshop today. She was able to get a total private experience, with good snow conditions.
She was one lucky winner, but what the heck happened to the rest?
RodSmith
March 29, 2009
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
Kicking myself for missing the retro race and what would have been a semi-private telemark lesson yesterday. Waiting to hear how good it was today. frown
TGV
March 30, 2009
337 posts
The snow wasn't as good on Sunday - and it pretty much rained all day. Everyone was soaked, but the morale was pretty high. Some of the locals even ordered pizza - and something tells me they had a blast!
Last night, HOWEVER, it snowed and we got about 4 inches of accumulation on the summit - only 2 inches in front of the house.
Keep kicking yourself, and see you next weekend!
SMILE
BushwackerinPA
March 30, 2009
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Originally Posted By: TGV
The snow wasn't as good on Sunday - and it pretty much rained all day. Everyone was soaked, but the morale was pretty high. Some of the locals even ordered pizza - and something tells me they had a blast!
Last night, HOWEVER, it snowed and we got about 4 inches of accumulation on the summit - only 2 inches in front of the house.
Keep kicking yourself, and see you next weekend!
SMILE

I got so soaked, I nearly left at 11am glad I stayed for when it dryed out.

Were you the 3 guys on Tele gear at the bottom of the drop?

If you were I was the kid on PEs, Green pants and an orange jacket.
crunchy
April 2, 2009
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
Originally Posted By: BushwackerinPA

Were you the 3 guys on Tele gear at the bottom of the drop?

If you were I was the kid on PEs

i can take a good guess who it was. im puttin tele bindings on some old PEs actually, hope to use em this weekend!
Envy
April 2, 2009
Member since 02/10/2009 🔗
24 posts
howre the conditions looking for saturday?
TGV
April 3, 2009
337 posts
Looking much better than today (Thur).
The snow was still "all there" today... plenty left for two days of fun.
I'll be posting more photos on FRIDAY for you to make the best decision, but should you decide to make the drive, something tells me you WILL have fun.
Stay tuned on www.visitcanaan.com and we'll be sure to update with a few photos on FRIDAY.
kwillg6
April 3, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
My hat's off to Timberline for having the forsight to make enough base to keep us making turn into April. For those who have the chance to ski the final weekend, I'll bet the spring corn will be very tasty and there will be ample terrain for us die-hards to enjoy. Realizing that they are the only game in town, you should pack up the babies and grab the old ladies and make haste to the valley for the "Jimmy Buffet" weekend. I expect to see all my buds in the pub and will hoist an IPA to our final turns of the season. BTW... the ski patrol sled race on Saturday AM is a blast to watch. Patrollers from other mountains are always welcome to enter a team. I will be racing on Sunday in the "fossil" division of the local's cup, a dual format GS style race. For $4, you can have a blast. See you all there! grin

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?