5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 21, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/...D_NAME=snapfish

Great Day at Timberline's Snowy Luau...great corn snow, very few if any rocks/bare spots...lots of base, should easily last two more weekends. About seven DCSkiers met this morning and skied together...Jimmy, Kim, SCWVa, The Colonel, David, JimK and son - (who by the way will carry a torch in tonight's torchlight parade down the mountain!) and I can not remember the others....great weather, started off cold, then snow softened and temps in mid 40s. We plan on meeting again tomorrow morning...1000 & 1130 near base of Silver Queen lift by ski school corral. If anybody decides to come up tonight, great deal at Canaan Valley Lodge in the State Park...approx $47/night/room includes taxes and "resort fee". Do call ahead to reserve and confirm rooms are available...800-622-4121. Will try to post a few pictures later. You should see JimK's Hawaiian shorts, he had "done DCSki proud"!! Look for us if you come up...we are all wearing leas...of course, so is everybody else. Timberline looks a lot better than 7Springs appears from their web cam. All open trails at TLine are covered with wonderful, skiable snow from edge to edge! Remember, they are only open on weekends...for the next two weekends.
Have a great day...
The Colonel smile
TGV
March 22, 2009
Member since 11/13/2008 🔗
337 posts
Thanks for sharing the photos.
We will have all event photos compiled by Monday night on our end. In the meantime, I will try to meet up with you guys at 10h and again at 11h30, tomorrow, Sunday.

Here's an updated schedule for T-Line: 6 more days of skiing.
Sun Mar 22
Fri Mar 27
Sat Mar 28
Sun Mar 29
Sat Apr 4
Sun Apr 5
Those are the ONLY remaining days that the resort will be open - until further notice. I will do my best to keep you updated.

See you on the slopes.
skier219
March 22, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Morgan, can you make the photos available to non-members of Snapfish?
March 22, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Craig,
Tell me how. You can join snapfish free and they do not bug you.
Tell me how to post the pictures another way or source and I'll do it.
Morgan aka The Colonel
March 22, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
What a day...what a weekend!! Beautiful weather, great snow coverage...fantastic corn snow that softened even more as the day progressed. REAL HERO SNOW THAT HELD AN EDGE TO PERFECTION...I even skied the bump trail, The Drop. You know, bumps are a whole lot easier to ski when the snow is soft vs ice such as on Extrovert at Blue Know!
Even more DCSkiers made it to Timberline and Snowy Luau today. Laurel Hill Crazy was there with his lovely wife and family, comprex was there with his lady, all in all about 12 DCSkiers hit the slopes together. A lot of fun, my best day of skiing this season!!!!
I'll post more pictures and video of the DCSki posse. For those at Snowy Luau for the first time, lots of comments about the job Timberline did over the weekend, especially the torchlight parade and the fireworks, the bonfire, the drumming, all the contests - some real competition and others just plain fun or funny.
Had a ball!!!!!!!!!!!!
JimK got it right: "the best spring ski party he has ever attended in the mid-Atlantic".
More later,
The Colonel smile

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?