Free one day camp! Spring all-mountain improvement
16 posts
12 users
10k+ views
BushwackerinPA
March 20, 2009
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Ok so here is the plan, since I am officially done for the year with my current ski school. I was thinking about doing a free to anyone who shows up clinic at one of the local resorts. The resort will most likely be Seven Springs, but Wisp and Timberline could be in the works.

The things I need from the forum members is an idea of interest level if any at all. I would also like to be PMed with as honest as you can be with your skiing levels and goals. Its free but want to try to set this up so people can have fun and learn something.

as long as I get a few interested who ever shows up will get free coaching from me.

dates will be the 29th of March, location TBD (90 percent sure it will be springs).

If you been struggling with spring snow, want to learn how to really ski bumps, or just become a better skier. You simply can not afford to pass this up. Free all day coaching with a top level coach!
JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 20, 2009
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
BushwackerinPA is a true friend of DCSki.com. This is a generous offer from an extremely knowledgeable and fun guy to ski with:
http://www.dcski.com/articles/view_article.php?article_id=1162&mode=headlines
fishnski
March 20, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
I've seen your videos Bro...I feel that I might be a step..Ok a few feet behind you if we were to go side to side down a slope. I will Drive the 8 hours it takes to meet you for free lessons if you will promise me that after my lessons I will be able to ski your ski socks off grin
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
March 20, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
I'm interested and I follow the threads and see if I can do this. Did you read my PM?
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
BushwackerinPA
March 21, 2009
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
well springs is out.....they arent opening.

so Timberline or Wisp?

I greatly prefer timberline but if alot more can go to wisp than wisp it is.
appskiah
March 21, 2009
Member since 09/16/2006 🔗
88 posts
a very generous offer indeed. i was thinking of heading to Timberline next Saturday, so I would definitely be interested if that ends up being the location.
RodSmith
March 23, 2009
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
Wisp seems closer, but I guess they are both about the same distance, so whichever has the best terrain.
KeithT
March 24, 2009
Member since 11/17/2008 🔗
383 posts
Seems like Bushwacker likes bumps and when I was there on 3/1, there were no bumps to speak of at Wisp. There was a small line off of mid-station on one of the feeder trails into the Wisp Trail but that was it on the whole mountain, very short and about three bumps wide. The Face was groomed flat--I guess becuase of the slide earlier this year. There was still a small crevasse when I skied it on 3/1.

The shots of T-line from last weekend look great. That would be my vote.
BushwackerinPA
March 24, 2009
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
so guys what are the chances of there being bumps at Timberline this weekend?
jimmy
March 24, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Originally Posted By: BushwackerinPA

If you been struggling with spring snow, want to learn how to really ski bumps, or just become a better skier. You simply can not afford to pass this up. Free all day coaching with a top level coach!

Hey folks i've "cliniced" w/Josh and this is really a great opportunity to have some fun for sure, ski all day with a L-3 instructor. Who knows you might even pick up something that will help you skiing, just kidding definitly a great thing for you to offer to do Bush, these folks are nutz if you don't get some takers. I'll be working at Tline this weekend, see ya.
kwillg6
March 24, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Hey, if that's going to be the 29th as in Sunday.... count me in (can't make it Saturday). I could sure n-joy doing the drop again and again. We just need to make sure they don't bulldoze those ta-tas into pancakes on Friday or Saturday. eek
JohnL
March 24, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Quote:
We just need to make sure they don't bulldoze those ta-tas into pancakes on Friday or Saturday.

Here's hoping. Ya never know what T-Line will do...

Right now, The Drop has to be the most challenging open trail in the Mid-Atlantic. Actually, it is probably the only remotely challenging trail open in the Mid-A.

Depending upon the weather this weekend, I may be at T-Line also. (If the DC weather sucks for yard work this weekend, I'll be in WV.)
David
March 24, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I may (well, I am) be interested in this. It will depend on a few other factors, but if they work out then I'd definitely be down for some instruction. I sure could use some!!

BWPA, I'll let you know as soon as I can.
David
March 27, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Looks like I'm not going to make it this weekend. Ongoing vehicle issues have me sidelined this weekend!! frown
comprex
March 3, 2010
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Sounds like fun.
jimmy
March 7, 2010
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
It was.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.