two stars
9 posts
4 users
1k+ views
RodSmith
February 23, 2009
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
I'm glad I went out of my way, at great expense, to ski horrible conditions with you guys at BK yesterday. I'm also really glad almost all of you weren't there today, because it didn't suck (6 inches of new snow) and you do.
David
February 23, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Hey now, although I don't necessarily believe that I suck, there's an extra star for ya (I tried for more, but you are doomed by the you average). I have the the utmost respect for anyone who can turn a pair of teles like you can!!

I had a good time this past weekend and I'm glad you guys got to ski some powder today. I thought about taking off for the Valley tomorrow but alas there is work to be done..... Good day!
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
February 23, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Rod, I'm glad you got some fresh to slide on. Sorry I didn't bring my telegear to get some pointers. Always good to see and ski with you. You suck too.
RodSmith
February 23, 2009
318 posts
Enjoyed the skiing and the people on Sunday, but being part of a flustercluck of that size on a powder day would not have been fun for me at all, as I tend to fall to the back of the group when I ski with others, (probably because I suck).

David, thanks for for the star. smile
GGNagy
February 23, 2009
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
504 posts
So I take it the new/old bindings worked out well? My trip back tomorrow was canceled due to work springing up. Forget snowboarder flame war threads, I wanna start a "I hate developers because" thread.

And yeah, I resemble that remark. smile
RodSmith
February 23, 2009
318 posts
Rob, when I split from the group, to pick up my skis from the shop, I was ready to shift gears to gentler terrain and pace given the conditions. I did exactly that on my freshly mounted backcountry skis. I felt like a rank beginner, it would have been nice to teach you the Telemark turn while I relearned it myself. I can't believe I skied expert terrain at Jackson Hole with those ankle high leather boots. Yesterday, I struggled on Mambo Alley, fell down while standing still (as well as several times while moving), and I had trouble getting back up. We would have had some laughs.
RodSmith
February 23, 2009
318 posts
Greg, the BC setup was a hoot. I took about five runs on Mambo and one wild ride down Stembogen. I opted for the heavy duty gear today because of the new powder. Otherwise, I was planning to take the lightweight stuff on the xc trails they have up there. The great thing about them is I can use them anywhere there is snow.

I don't think tomorrow is going to be that great. It was getting back down to the ice pretty quickly. So you aren't going to be missing a great day, but yeah, probably would have beat working.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
February 24, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Rod, I wasn't there much longer after you went to check your gear but It would have been fun if my telegear arrived. Lord knows I haven't humiliated myself enough. I need to get out on them but I really got the stuff to 'tour' my favorite closed mountain but I found no companions when it could have been done and now I must wait for a dump to go out again. I need a partner especially considering I don't know what I'm doing. Maybe there's hope this year. Since your new stuff is touring set up, maybe a Laurel tour might interest you if Mr. Natural arrives?
RodSmith
February 24, 2009
318 posts
I'm interested, but your skis don't have fishscales or wax pocket. How are you going to get back up the hill?

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.