Arctic Ice & cold effect on east Coast
4 posts
2 users
fishnski
February 10, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
CK out the up tick in the graph as we swelter down here. When we were "in the Arctic" see how the ice up there leveled out..we are a drain on Arctic cold...& now as the Cold builds again up there I think it will come back down & give us a good end to our winter.
Maybe I should have posted this on the "Gloomy winter is over" Thread but this is not an exact science..just a notion..

http://nsidc.org/data/seaice_index/images/daily_images/N_timeseries.png
David
February 10, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Good News!!! ...I think?
David
February 10, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
The weather for Barrow looks to be just a little (Brrr) below average over the next week:

Today...Mostly cloudy with flurries in the morning...then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Patchy ice fog. Highs 30 to 35 below. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight...Partly cloudy. Patchy ice fog. Lows 35 to 45 below. South winds around 10 mph.

Wednesday...Partly cloudy. Patchy ice fog in the morning. Highs 25 to 30 below. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Wednesday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows 35 to 40 below. Light winds.

Thursday...Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with flurries in the afternoon. Highs around 20 below. Light winds becoming east 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Thursday Night...Mostly cloudy. Lows near 35 below.

Friday...Mostly cloudy. Highs near 20 below.

Friday Night...Mostly cloudy. Lows near 25 below.

Saturday...Mostly cloudy. Highs near 15 below.

Saturday Night...Mostly cloudy. Lows near 20 below.

Sunday...Partly cloudy. Highs near 15 below.

Sunday Night...Mostly cloudy. Lows near 20 below.

Presidents Day...Mostly cloudy. Highs near 15 below.

Barrow Area (ThreadEx Station)
Monthly Totals/Averages
Average Temperature (degrees F)
Years: 1971-2000

Average:
Jan : -13.7
Feb : -16.0
Mar : -13.7
fishnski
February 10, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Notice how it starts to "warm up" a little down the road as we start to cool down... Allthough Barrow is tough to f-cast out past a few days. They usually just throw some basic Guess temps out past 3 or 4 days.

Good for us..HUH?...I think?...stay tuned!

PS..they have been real cold the last few days & are below ave for this month so far..

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.