Reminder...DCSkiers Meet Tomorrow at Timberline
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 30, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
If interested, let's plan on meeting at 1030 on Sat. at the top of the main lift, by ski patrol bldg. I'll have on a black ski jacket with a grey/white upper portion and helmet with Alta sticker on it, probably black wind pants. Will be on K2 Apache skis.
The Colonel smile
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
January 30, 2009
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Sorry that I will miss it; headed back to VT tomorrow.

Denis (retired ski bum) I'm hoping the M/Tu storm is a monster.
kwillg6
February 2, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
I missed you Saturday, Morgan. Twas busy making skiers in the incubator. This was not a great weekend to ski groomers with the college race on WL and the snowmaking on a lot of the lower half of the mountain, but if you like skiing trees and whales it was very sweet. grin The college race was awesome with the slalom on Saturday having 62 gates shocked. WL will be in use half days next Sat and Sun with the USSA race so don't expect it to open before 3 pm, if then. frown
jimmy
February 3, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Ya Colonel sorry to miss you too didn't know you were coming til Saturday nite as my internets doesnt work when i'm in tucker county johnl told me. May i suggest you move your meet up to the ski school corral at 10:00? Better chance of finding someone you know there then. How was your weekend????
JohnL
February 3, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Colonel,

I mis-read one of your previous posts and thought you'd be meeting up at 10:30 on Sunday also. I hung out for 10 minutes or so on Sunday looking for ya.

I'll second what Jimmy said; much easier to meet somewhere at the base (for future reference.) With the slow T-Line lifts, (and unpredictable lift lines and number of stoppages), it is very tough to coordinate meeting at the top of the mountain at a fixed time. (You also have to remember to get on the right lift, since lots of us generally ski the Silver Queen lift.) Plus, on a windy day, that is a bear of a spot to spend more than 30 seconds.

Send another shout out if you're skiing T-Line later this year.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.