Wintergreen Dining
6 posts
6 users
1k+ views
TRJ
January 18, 2009
Member since 01/18/2009 🔗
5 posts
My girlfriend and I are heading to WTG Feb 1-2. I have not been since I was very young, and was wondering about the best option for dinner. I have no hesitation about going to Copper Mine if it is worth it. I think Ember at Snowshoe is worth it. Can the same be said about any of the restaurants at WTG? Would someone help steer me in the right direction?

I am new to the message board, and look forward to reading more and posting.

Thanks,

Trafton
GRK
January 18, 2009
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
TRJ...most of the restaurants are tray-food type of places. Nothing special but acceptable. The Edge is the other sit down option. Not too pricey, kind of TGIFridays quality of fare. Copper Mine looks fancy at least but have never eaten there. Looks like a good romantic dinner type of place. The Edge is usually pretty rowdy as there is a bar and sometimes a band.

If you try The Copper Mine let us know how it was. There is a new option at the bottom of the Mountain, behind the Ski-Barn. Devils Backbone brewery or something like that as well.

I usually dine with a 12 year old, so you might want to consider the source. Here is my ski partner partaking of a typical on-mountain meal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nygrk/3206709127/
KeithT
January 18, 2009
Member since 11/17/2008 🔗
383 posts
There are three options on the mountain for sit down eating. Ditto the other post on The Edge. The Copper Mine is nice and prices are a little high, but we have eaten there several times and never had a bad meal. The menu is al a carte-- so think a steak and a huge side of asparagus. The other option not mentioned yet is the Devils Knob Grill at the Devils Knob golf course. Food is good, atmosphere is country clubish. But a quick note, I have not eaten at any of these during ski season--only leaf peeping weekends.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 18, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Have eaten at Copper Mine in past seasons. Always had great food and great service.
The Colonel smile
GDWindowpane
January 20, 2009
Member since 07/9/2008 🔗
43 posts
We were up a couple of weekends ago, Vito's is now open accross form the IGA. Best pizza this side of Crozet. Real toss up between Vito's and Crozet Pizza. There is also a restaurant at the Stoney Creek Golf Course. Never had a bad meal there.

The new brewery is always packed, haven't wanted to wait so haven't eaten there yet but the in-laws rave about it. There is another brewery before you get to Wintergreen. I think they've changed cooks but they used to have decent food.

Have fun!!!
Tesoro
January 22, 2009
Member since 01/19/2009 🔗
2 posts
Try Basic Necessities -- a wonderful, small restaurant on 151. They have great food, wines, cheese and bread!

I have a house available for rent at Wintergreen - it's on the mountain within walking distance to the ski shuttle and comes with discount ski passes and an owner's parking lot transponder. See www.vrbo.com/210727 or call 520 971-4270 for more information!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.