Skis for sale: iM77, RX-9, Watea 84
6 posts
4 users
2k+ views
skier219
January 8, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
It's about that time when I juggle my quiver of skis around. Here's what I want to sell right now:

2007 Head iM77, 177cm, with Tyrolia RailFlex RFD-12 bindings (bindings on a rail and can easily adjust for any boot size). 77mm waist. $325 shipped for skis & bindings. This is a good all-mountain mid-fat ski, and a very good one-ski quiver for east and west. Fits a wide range of skiers and conditions. Smooth and damp, but a lot of energy. Quite forgiving.

2006 Fischer RX-9, 175cm, with Tyrolia RailFlex FX-12 bindings (bindings on a rail and can easily adjust for any boot size). 69mm waist. $275 shipped for skis & bindings. Excellent east coast ski that will even rail on ice. This is best for good, strong skiers who know how to carve and want a light, sporty, energetic ski. This ski is a hard-snow groomer zoomer, but does OK in light amounts of soft snow (less than 4"). Because of the ski's mission, I have never dulled the tips and tails when tuning, so it's got a lot of bite on the snow.

2008 Fischer Watea 84, 184cm, with Tyrolia LD-12 flat bindings (bindings mounted for a 325mm boot length, can adjust +/- 10mm boot size without re-drilling or remounting). 84mm waist. $325 shipped for skis and bindings. If you just want the skis, they would be $225. This is a soft-snow biased ski that would make a great everyday western ski. In the east, it's best used on powder days or when the snow is soft (ie, no ice). It absolutely destroys crud and variable conditions. The ski can handle a wide range of turn shapes and is very maneuverable in tight spaces (trees, bumps, chutes). It will manage OK on hard snow in the hands of a good skier (ie, no skidding), but that's clearly not the focus of this ski. This is a light wood/glass/carbon ski with no metal layers. It has a lot of pop with low damping.

All skis are gently used (5-10 days) and in excellent condition. The iM77 and Wateas have near flawless bases, while the RX-9 has light scratches on the base. All skis have been waxed and hand-tuned on a regular basis. None has ever had a shop grind.

In all cases, I would knock off $25 for local pickup/meetup/delivery.

Payment accepted by PayPal. I can ship FedEx ground.

PM me for more details or questions.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 8, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Craig,
I sent you a PM re your skis.
The Colonel smile
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
January 9, 2009
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
Not sending you a pm re your skis :-) dumping the lot, eh? you must have your eyes on something fairly steep as you were on both the monsters and rx9 last week.

well, i'll vouch for Craig, though he is a little wimpy on ice !

I can also vouch for the rx9 - they are forgiving enough that my 15 year old loves them and has skied them north, south, and west. the cool comic book green graphics don't hurt either.
comprex
January 9, 2009
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Those -are- a nice ski. Amazingly versatile.
skier219
January 10, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
This is just my usual bi-annual rotation of skis -- got to make room for new conquests. I may list another 1-2 for sale at some point. I don't know how I accumulated so many skis....
skier219
January 16, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
The RX-9s and iM77s are SOLD!

The Wateas are still available, but are whispering in my ear about a Utah trip next week...
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?