smuggs
3 posts
2 users
Bumps
December 23, 2008
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
So far so good here at Smuggs. They had 41 inches in the past week, and 117 inches so far this season! I will post some pics but think I forgot the computer cord so may have to wait to next week. The slopes that had a manmade base are really good. Some of thje others have a few thin spots but a good part of he mountain is open. Several gladed areas are really nice. I have skied the last two days until I can hardly walk. Thank goodness for ibuprophen!! I took a few lessons and continue to work on my tough terrain skills. My kid is having a blast on his snowboard. He is in an all day class for first part of week and they have him skiing trees for first time. Looking like some rain tomorrow but if it gets slowed just enough maybe it will be all snow again. They have changed the forcast several times since I been here. from all rain to mix of rain/snow, now its snow until afternoon and a mix after that. Keeping my fingers crossed and may have to wear PJs inside out tonight, but will hold the line at flushing ice cubes. crazy
What the heck, I will try anything!
scootertig
December 23, 2008
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
Ooohhhh... I can't wait to get there next week! Save some snow for me!

aaron
Bumps
December 25, 2008
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
Originally Posted By: scootertig
Ooohhhh... I can't wait to get there next week! Save some snow for me!

aaron

What a difference a day of 40 degree weather and some rain can make. It looks like here will be more snow early next week, but right now it really melted a lot of the mountain. Yesterday I was playing on natural snow bumps down harvey's, skiing glades just having a blast, today going up lift I could see Harvey was almost all melted off. There were only two ways open down sterling and madonna mountain was closed due to winds keeping the lift shut down. (I hope that was all). I spoke with some patrol folks today and they were heading out to check trails that could be groomed for tomorrow, so hopefully it will be a slight bit bettter tomorrow with more open. I saw a few flurries tonnight but don't expect much natural before I leave and they are calling for more rain. But good news is that is cold here and maybe we will get mostly snow. They should be making snow again and looks like it will be cold all through next week with a few snow showers predicted.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.