Telemark Workshop, Timberline 12/21
10 posts
6 users
1k+ views
Abe
December 18, 2008
Member since 11/14/2008 🔗
366 posts
Is anyone going to the Telemark Workshop at Timberline this Sunday December 21st? I'm thinking about checking it out, but not sure what all it entails. The Timberline website is a little sparse on information, all it states is that registration opens at 8:30 am.

Thanks for any additional info on this event!
jimmy
December 19, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Hey Abe, You'll get to clinic with some of the best Tele instructors/skiers in the east, no kidding. They'll have groups for all skill levels, usually get one instructor for every three or four students. This is a great clinic for the curious never ever on up, backcountry tourers who want to work on the tele turn, fun fun fun.
kwillg6
December 19, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
I'll echo what Jimmy say. Took the clinic last January and became a for real free-heeler, able to do the greens. The instructors are very excellent and it's well worth the price of admission. I plan on doing another clinic later this year. Their tele school is probably one of the best anywhere.
TGV
December 19, 2008
Member since 11/13/2008 🔗
337 posts
Weather permitting... I'll personally be on location (camera in hand). Digital photos are free of charge to all DC Ski fanatics - it complements your personal skill assessment - usually conducted during lunch at Timberline.
Abe
December 19, 2008
366 posts
Huh, sounds like a pretty worthwhile thing to check out. It sounds like it might not be too cheap though... anyone know what kind of fee is involved?

I would certainly love to get some time with a tele instructor. This will be my third year on tele skis, but its all been self taught, so who knows, maybe I'm doing everything wrong wink
Abe
December 19, 2008
366 posts
Well - I was able to get ahold of somebody over at Timberline and it looks like the workshop is $65. Seems like a pretty good deal for a days worth of lessons.
Abe
December 21, 2008
366 posts
Did anybody check this workshop out today? I didn't make it over that way. I see they offer it again later on in the winter, maybe I'll give it a shot then.
TGV
December 22, 2008
Member since 11/13/2008 🔗
337 posts
The Tele workshop went well: the sun even came out for a couple of minutes...
If you want to see what went on, go to: www.visitcanaan.com & look for Photo Coverage on the right. 30 tele photos are online.

If you attended, contact me for your free digital photos.

Abe... we look forward to your next visit.
David
December 23, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I checked yesterday and found that they are going to be having more Tele workshops throughout the year. At the ski school desk they actually have a pamphlet with all of the Nordic activities for the years. Looks like they have at least 1 event planned a month. If anyone is interested PM and I can pick one up and send it out in the mail to ya....
JohnL
December 23, 2008
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Next workshop is 1/25. (Info can also be found on T-Line's web site.)

I'll hopefully be attending (tele first timer.)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.