Anyone buy from this shop BALTIMORE SKI WAREHOUSE?
12 posts
8 users
20k+ views
chuckie
December 16, 2008
Member since 12/29/1999 🔗
77 posts
BALTIMORE SKI WAREHOUSE?

http://www.baltimoreski.com/

I'm wondering if anyone has shopped there, and if they'd recommend it?

(Fiance needs new ski boots and maybe wants snowblades... currently a decent skier)

Thanks,

chuckie
comprex
December 16, 2008
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
The place behind BWI? I know several people who have ordered from them online. Most of them were on budgets less than $100.

Would I buy a boot from them? Not for my SO, no way.*

Snowblades are snowblades, sure why not.

*We finally shelled out something like $435(on sale from $625)+60+(free)+80+300+(free)+$200+(free) = $1075 for her boots. Imagine two and a half years of suffering and miserable skiing, and an injury directly related to a screwed-up boot sole grind by a local shop.
luist2401
December 16, 2008
Member since 01/10/2007 🔗
18 posts
I bought the family (boys age 7 and 9, wife and me) used boots and skis from them last year and they've served us well.

No one's complained about the boots. Definitely a place to buy equipment on a budget.

My 9 year-old outgrew his boots so we're heading back there this week to get him another pair.
rmcva
December 16, 2008
Member since 01/28/2004 🔗
187 posts

I purchased online from them twice.

The first were some very used and worn entry level 130cm Rossi skis. I went over and picked them up to save on shipping. These skis were VERY worn with LOTS of scratches. However, there was nothing wrong with the skis or bindings and are now starting use on the 3rd year since they were purchased.

The second purchase were demo bindings and they shipped them - extremely fast shipping. However, when I received them they were mis-matched bindings. I called them and they immediately sent another complete set with plates, etc. at no cost and told me to keep the first ones they had shipped.

Both purchases were for very used items - but they were also stated that way on the sale listings. If you're looking for something cheap, don't mind scratches, etc - based on my past experience they delivered what they said they would.
luist2401
December 16, 2008
Member since 01/10/2007 🔗
18 posts
I should also add that the skis we bought were also very scratched, but they are still performing well for us.

Luis
SteveC
December 17, 2008
Member since 10/24/2005 🔗
145 posts
That is where we purchased all of our skis and boots for several years. I was very pleased and, as I stated in another thread about buying boots, felt that I got a very good deal on the boots. Yes they were rentals and packed-out, but they we're cheap, and allowed me to buy lots of sizes. This allowed me to work with the kids and - over time - convince them of the merits of a tight boot.

(By having multiple sizes, the kids could ski part of the day in a "OMG that's too tight" boot and then with one they thought was "right". It didn't take long for them to realize that they had much more confidence and felt more in control with the OMG boot.) And again, I found it amazing what a custom fit you could get by playing with foot beds of different thickness (Superfeet) and with neoprene pads for placing on the outside of the heel of the liner.
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
December 17, 2008
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts
BIG FAN!!! ordered a couple of ski's for my kids which have done nicly. I am a cheapo so it fits my budget.
chuckie
December 18, 2008
Member since 12/29/1999 🔗
77 posts
Ach! Stopped by this morn, unfortunately they didn't have a boot that fit her. Thanks for the review of the shop though, I'll keep em' in mind.

Thanks again,

chuckie
comprex
December 19, 2008
1,326 posts

Those Salomon Symbios look like Whitetail's old rental fleet. smile

For anyone who has actually been in their warehouse: do they have tele gear?
Eug
December 31, 2008
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
Just a resposting from the other tele thread:

$100 for Black Diamond Ethics skis 158cm

http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/product.asp/imanf/Black+Diamond/idesc/Ethic+Telemark+Skis/Store/MG/item/102267/N/0

It seems like a great deal if the size is right
comprex
December 31, 2008
1,326 posts
Eug, in truth I was mostly looking for a place that might carry tele -boots- in discounted price ranges.
silverrey
February 12, 2009
Member since 02/12/2009 🔗
1 posts
Just a heads up. All of their equip is last seasons rental stock from the local mnts - Liberty, Whitetail, Roundtop. (Thus the 'Whitetail' logo from the previous post). So if you liked their rental skis from last year this is the place to go....

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.