Kicked of my ski season at Whitetail
3 posts
2 users
Jimski
December 15, 2008
Member since 03/5/2008 🔗
44 posts
Started my ski season this past weekend at Whitetail. We had four dads, and four 8-year old daughters (one per dad). All of us stayed at a big slopeside condo -- very convenient. The girls had a blast. My daughter and one of the other girls started on greens (with me and the other girl's dad). Sidewinder was fun, kind of "green plus". By Sunday morning everybody was on blue trail, Home Run, and opting for the black diamond fork on the left, so the girls could do the jump along side the teenage snowboarders.

Two beautiful days, good snow (although better on Home Run than on the greens), and not crowded at all.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 15, 2008
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Good to see another Jim spreading the ski fever. grin
You got some good quality trail time before the craziness of the Holidays. Did you try the $10 group lessons?
Jimski
December 16, 2008
Member since 03/5/2008 🔗
44 posts
We didn't do the lessons -- I should have checked into that. Could we have had the four girls as one group? As it was, a couple of the dads (not me) were very good skiers, and even I picked up a few tips just listening to them explain things to one or more of the girls. [Note: if anyone else from DC Ski was there last weekend and saw a man in the cafeteria explaining the need to be perpendicular to the slope, using a bag of skittles and a plastic spoon, that was my group.]

It was surprising how uncrowded it was at Whitetail, considering how beautiful it was last weekend.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?