Intro from NC
7 posts
5 users
2k+ views
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
December 10, 2008
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts
Hello! Just joined after lurking a little last season.

I'm an older skiing mom with a non-skiing hubby. Luckily for me, my daughter loves it. Got her started at Massanutten a few years ago. We bought a timeshare there and have made good use of it, especially since my niece (non-skiing parents) from DC joins us every now and then. We live in Raleigh, NC.

Will be at Massanutten the week of Christmas. Looking forward to having a lot more snow than last year. Planning a couple more Massanutten ski trips too, plus a day trip or two to Wintergreen. Interested in meeting some skiing families with girls in elementary school.

We're skiing blues and easy blacks.
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
December 10, 2008
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
Hi Marz - I'm a skiing hubby with a now-non-skiing wife, over here in Durham. Three snow-riding kids at 15, 13, & 7. The seven year old girl is in 2nd grade. If they can grow some good snow we'll probably be at wintergreen a few days this year.
cheers. I'm skiing anything that's wet, cold, and slick.
David
December 11, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Welcome aboard! It isn't too often that you see a skiing mom with a non-skiing husband. Good luck getting him out there on the slopes! confused
kwillg6
December 11, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Good to see more leaving lurkland and joining us in the forums. I have some friends who ski the nut all the time. Will try to hook you and your daughter up with them. Occasionally the Mrs and I take some turns there since it's only an hour from home. So... think snow!! grin
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
December 11, 2008
3,246 posts
Originally Posted By: pagamony
Hi Marz - I'm a skiing hubby with a now-non-skiing wife, over here in Durham. Three snow-riding kids at 15, 13, & 7. The seven year old girl is in 2nd grade. If they can grow some good snow we'll probably be at wintergreen a few days this year.
cheers. I'm skiing anything that's wet, cold, and slick.

My 8yo daughter is also in 2nd grade. Do you drive to Wintergreen or take the day bus? We tried is last winter and it wasn't bad. Especially since it parks right next to the main rental building.
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
December 11, 2008
3,246 posts
Originally Posted By: David
Welcome aboard! It isn't too often that you see a skiing mom with a non-skiing husband. Good luck getting him out there on the slopes! confused

Thanks for the welcome!

I learned to love skiing long before I met him. I went to middle school in the Adirondacks. A friend invited me for a trip to Alta during a spring break. Skiing out west spoiled me. I wouldn't consider skiing in the Southeast for quite a while. Of course, current snowmaking capability makes things a lot better now.

My hubby said he'd been skiing a few times when we talked about skiing as we were dating years ago. After we got married, I saw him try once. We went to Heavenly with his brother's family. It was pretty pathetic. So I gave it up. On my daughter's first ski trip to Massanutten, he rented some skis for the afternoon to try again. She was going faster than he was on the bunny slope . . . after one day of ski school at age 4. So now we leave him at home to take care of the pets. smile
GRK
December 11, 2008
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
Welcome MarzNC

I have a 12 year old daughter who would love a skiing buddy anytime. We are at Wintergreen almost every weekend and will be there several times over winter break. Drop me a PM if you want to try to have them meet up.

Welome!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?