timberline 12709
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Tucker
December 7, 2008
Member since 03/14/2005 🔗
893 posts
lightning from top + bunny....conditions=good sufrace early with couple inches of groomed down pow from last night, afternoon scraped off in few spots...weather was on cold side w/ wind... no crowds but lots of familiar faces...enjoyed turns a little more than planned on..
kwillg6
December 8, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
I agree, Tucker. Very goodbut the wind and temps were a killer. By 2 PM temp of 9 on top not considering the wind. Should be very excellent in another week with the addition of OTW, sally, winterset, twister, lower heaven. They are making snow somewhat differently this year by getting their two most popular trails on the bookends open early.
kwillg6
December 8, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Checked t-line's web site today. According to it, OTW will open today. THAT should be sweet. Hope there are a lot of whales living there. grin
TGV
December 8, 2008
Member since 11/13/2008 🔗
337 posts
Well - Timberline is still working on opening many additional slopes, but here's what you should know:
Judging from the amount of snow currently on the ground, it looks as thought Dec 12-13-14 is going to be Fantastic!

No one will know for sure what will be opened until it is officially opened... however:
I strongly anticipate Salamender, Off the Wall, & Dew Drop to be opening before Sun Dec 14.

Meanwhile, I'll keep posting daily photos of the "fun" taking place all around us: www.visitcanaan.com
appskiah
December 8, 2008
Member since 09/16/2006 🔗
88 posts
i think it would be prudent to wait and see how much snow falls on the backside of the rain storm this week.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.