Wintergreen 11-29
3 posts
2 users
1k+ views
GRK
November 30, 2008
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
Conditions were...well, who cares, it was November in Virginia and we were skiing.

Was anyone else there?

One wide trail open, lots of different users, ski school, ski teams, etc. but overall it swallowed the crowd pretty well. Especially in the morning and late in the day. Lift lines of 3-4 minutes at worst.

No brown spots out on the trail that I saw, snow was a little chattery but not icy.

Eagles Swoop looked like they were working on it but has a way to go if it is going to open next weekend. Given the weather forecasts and the temp on the mountain they should be getting snow today and tonight.
GDWindowpane
December 1, 2008
Member since 07/9/2008 🔗
43 posts
We were there... We went to the ski swap and bought a pair of boots for my youngest. While we were there we heard that they were opening at 12:30 on Friday. We were on the slopes (err slope) at 12:30 and ran some pretty decent laps... Things did get choppy later in the day Friday and Saturday but like you said, how can you complain about skiing in November.

Didn't see/hear any blowing going on Friday or Saturday night. We left Sunday morning with some kind of wintry mix, sleet/rain. Thinking of heading back up there next weekend but if they are still running on one slope only may go fishing instead. I think Eagle Swoop is a pipe dream for next weekend.

GRK, saw a few guys with grey helmets, red coats, black pants and rossi's... I'm sure we saw you out there sometime. I was the redneck wearing a bright yellow coat and jeans...
GRK
December 2, 2008
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
Sorry we did not meet up. I will be on the lookout for you next time. Happy Skiing!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?