Roundtop Black Friday
4 posts
2 users
1k+ views
RodSmith
November 27, 2008
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
Who is going to be there for opening day? I'm thinking about getting the "learn to snowboard" special, so I'll be limited to the beginner terrain.
camp
November 28, 2008
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts
Did you go?
Any idea if Roundtop will also be open on Monday? Seems like most others around are closing up for the week until next Fri.
RodSmith
November 28, 2008
318 posts
I went! No, I don't have info about their plans for Monday. I suppose it depends on weather forecast and anticipated demand.

I was snowboarding with my 10 year old niece who had a breakthrough day. We were both really excited about how well she was doing. I think it was her fourth time riding in as many years.

The snowboard rentals are brand new, all Burton, LTR boards. The people in the rental shop were real helpful, as was Randy, our instructor. The $39 lift/rentals/lesson is good from 9am until 10pm! Offer ends Dec. 24. If you buy this package, you can then buy a $45 Mountain Passport that includes an Advantage Card and free level one lessons for the rest of the season. I can't believe I remembered all that, sounds like I work there, but I don't. Just thought I would pass that along.

Apparently the other two kids in our lesson took advantage of the passport deal as they skied with Randy all day long, cutting a long liftline. We had to bail after a half hour because her boots were too small, I did have a hard time forcing her feet in them, but they were 4s while her shoes are size 3? Dumb uncle forgot about children's vs. adult sizes, should have gone with mondopoint. Kids shoes today have four different sizes listed just like snowboard boots! Kids 3 and adult 5 both equal 22.

Once she had the 22s, we built on a key pointer that Randy had given us and by the end of the day, she was riding circles around (well, linking round turns past) the kids who stayed in the lesson, who were more advanced than her at the beginning of the day! Although we all had "first time packages" we were grouped with advanced beginners which was a nice surprise.
RodSmith
November 28, 2008
318 posts
Forgot to mention, while they were fine about selling Learn to Ski/Board package to people who are not really first time riders and even giving us level two lessons, the Mountain Passport is not available to anyone who has had a season pass, advantage card or night club card in the past. That's the only reason I didn't purchase one today.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?