Laurel Mountain Update
2 posts
2 users
rjsherrin
November 21, 2008
Member since 09/28/2005 🔗
145 posts
This is in reference to your e-mail sent to Governor Rendell's office regarding the potential improvements of the ski area at Laurel Mountain State Park. Laurel Mountain is one of hundreds of state owned facilities currently being considered by the Governor's office to receive funds for renovation and improvements. The money will be used to restore the facilities on the mountain. DCNR is working diligently with the management team from Seven Springs, who is purchasing the assets from Somerset Bank and Trust Company, to revive operations of the ski area. This project will fulfill the goal and vision that many local community leaders have had for Laurel Mountain, by rebuilding the ski resort into a community asset that will bring with it new jobs and local tourism and help bolster the ski industry in the Laurel Highlands.

Thank you for your continued interest. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lori Nygard

Chief, Program Services Section

Park Operations and Maintenance Division

Bureau of State Parks

717-783-3307
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
November 21, 2008
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
I think we should learn soon of this latest negotiation. I don't think the DCNR will be the hold up unless there are issues with how to supply holding ponds for snowmaking.

The biggest factor that I fear is the worsening economy. Governor Rendell has just asked department heads for greater cuts and vowed to do whatever is possible to avoid tax increases:

Rendell: Falling revenues to force cuts

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?