4 users
1k+ views
scootertig
November 17, 2008
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
I need new poles.

Are these worth what they're asking?

http://www.levelninesports.com/goode-2009-defiance-blue-ski-poles-wpow-p-4366.html

I would normally just go for aluminum poles, but the price difference from these http://www.levelninesports.com/kerma-vector-aluminum-ski-poles-black-p-2243.html made me think about going composite...

Anyone have suggestions for better places to get poles cheaply? The ski swap plan didn't work out (very limited selections of poles... although I didn't manage to hit Ski Center's, which was probably the most likely to have what I wanted).

I'll need a pair at around 50" and another around 47-ish.

aaron
Elrah
November 17, 2008
Member since 10/18/2005 🔗
29 posts
I Love levelnine--they have an e-bay store, and I've bought both my daughter's poles there...I especially loved them after I saw similar poles at our local Sportmart for more than twice what I paid for them. It looks like a great deal to me! (But then I HAD to buy one daughter new poles because she broke her aluminum ones...by absentmindedly dangling them between her legs at Timberline--I'm sure you can imagine what happened.)
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
November 17, 2008
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts
poles? I never use them. What are they for?
comprex
November 17, 2008
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
I like Goode's high end poles. I absolutely -despise- their Vylon poles. I find them squishier than any other composite pole, unjustifiably heavy, and very dead in the hand. K2's 4speed pole beats Goode Vylon on hand feel imo.

I do have to say that that price is very reasonable for a nice grip, a big warranty, and a complimentary set of pow baskets. I paid twice that for my pow poles.

Of those two I would prefer the Kerma Vector any day, east or west.

SC-Arl had -one- pair of 50" series 4 ovalized scotts on Sat. , my pick for stuff around here.

Otherhalfrex uses Kerma Banshees; she's even pickier than I am.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.