Last swap tomorrow (Saturday 11/15) Arlington?
4 posts
2 users
1k+ views
comprex
November 14, 2008
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Look for a ROOTS sweatshirt.

LMK coats/jackets/hats with petunias? to look for.
comprex
November 16, 2008
1,326 posts
Impressively large number of skis at this swap, some of which were true bargains, some a bit high, some a bit higher than that. Some boot bargains too. Interesting quantity of old race gear.

The patrol did a very good job including tents to protect the boots and stuff from the downpour(s).

No junkboard snowboards frown

FreshPow
November 16, 2008
Member since 01/2/2008 🔗
174 posts
...you left out the impressive technical resource provided by one self! If folks could've seen it - you answered one swap-goer question after another, like a ninja battling many foes. Thanks for the support! ;-)

Enjoyed the unexpected update on my Dynastar Intuitiv Big's as well...may they enjoy a retirement of summer skiing at Mt Hood for at least a few more seasons.

But thanks for the compliments on the swap. Others may be larger, but we probably have the most fun. The weather turned out better than expected, but came back with a vengeance at the end. Hope anyone who came found at least something to take back with them (or sell)...or at least pose you questions in person!

...see you on the hill soon.
comprex
November 16, 2008
1,326 posts
Originally Posted By: FreshPow

Enjoyed the unexpected update on my Dynastar Intuitiv Big's as well...may they enjoy a retirement of summer skiing at Mt Hood for at least a few more seasons.

Ah, yes.

The story, for those who may have missed it, was that I bought FreshPow's Dynastar BIGs. For a very reasonable price at the SC-A swap last year. I thought that I'd be able to use the bindings and the wide brakes, and it was a deal for the price.

Well, come last New Years' trip to Tahoe, none of the resorts in Tahoe had had any fresh snow to justify bringing true, fat, powder skis. So I took the BIGs, and they did very, very well in the soft snow, moguls, and sun-slush at Diamond Peak, Homewood, and Sierra-at-Tahoe. In fact, I was about the only person on the bump runs, which made for a lot of fun (and much less embarassment). The crust-ice at Donner Ski Ranch they didn't like so well, but, again, I was the only person even venturing onto it.

I liked the BIGs enough to keep them in the basement and even maybe wax them a little.

Then we had a chance to go to Mt. Hood for Memorial Day. The story and pics are somewhere on here, suffice it to say that the BIGs loved the summer snow. Narrower skis had a quite harder time.

Well, that's when we heard about Delta increasing additional-bag fees to $50. Hmmm.

Our last day at Hood I'm on a chair with a woman having an absolutely miserable time on her Dynastar Exclusive 9s. Hey, you want a powder ski? An hour later, the bindings are off the BIGs and in my boot bag, the lady has free powder skis, and I have one fewer bags to check.

Love it when things work out.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?